GoTV is currently the fastest-growing pay-TV in Nigeria. There are many reasons for this, GoTV is affordable, as well as it is easy to install. GoTV offers many packages with each its own advantages. With over 50 channels, you can decide on whichever suits your preference. Are you looking for a way to upgrade or downgrade your GoTv subscription plan? This article provides a guide through which you can switch from one package to another and every other thing you need to know about GoTV subscription plans.
Read on below:
Reasons for Changing GoTv package
There are many reasons why one may want to change their GoTV package. For one, your present GoTV package may no longer meet your current needs in terms of the number and variety of channels you are able to access, so you might want to have access to more channels. On the other end, you might want to change your Gotv subscription because you are no longer able to afford a particular package or find that you do not need as many channels and wish to downscale. Whichever of these you want to get done, you can upgrade or downgrade your Gotv package to meet your current needs at your convenience and through a number of methods.
Gotv Packages or Bouquet
In 2020, GOtv phased out old subscription packages for new ones. GOtv has currently updated its subscription plans and packages. The company removed GOtv Plus and GOtv value and replaced them with two new subscription plans which are GOtv Jolli and GOtv Jinja. Gotv currently offers 5 major packages which are:
- GOtvMax (N3,600 per month)
- GOtvJolli (N2,460 per month)
- GOtvJinja (N1,640 per month)
- GOtvSmallie (Used to be GOtv Lite) (N800 per month)
Multichoice Nigeria is the owner of GOtv Nigeria as well as the DStv pay television platform. The major difference between DStv & GOtv is that DSTV is satellite-based while GOtv uses DVB-T2, a new digital terrestrial broadcast technology.
What to Know Before Changing your GOtv Package
Upgrading or downgrading your Gotv Package involves the same steps as subscribing to a Gotv package. However, you are required to wait for your current subscription to elapse before you proceed to change, upgrade, or downgrade your subscription package. You can manually change your subscription by contacting a Gotv customer representative to help you run the process. Below is a list of contacts you can use to reach GOtv customer representatives:
Phone number: 012703232
How to Change your Gotv Package in Nigeria
Below are the various ways you can upgrade or downgrade your Gotv package
Via Gotv’s Website
The most popular and convenient way to upgrade from your existing GOtv package is via the Gotv website.
Here is how to go about it:
Using an internet-connected device, log in to the Gotv website at https://eazy.Gotvafrica.com
Click on Login and then proceed to enter your IUC (Unique Identification Number) assigned to your decoder and your phone number.
- Select “build a package” from your dashboard.
- Select the package you need to downgrade or upgrade and then click on “next”.
- Proceed to pay by clicking on the Pay button
- Select your preferred GOtv payment system.
- Proceed to fill in your details.
- Wait for your new package to be activated.
Note: Your GOtv decoder should be tuned in to Africa Magic Channel before making payment. Also, just like when you are renewing your subscription, your decoder should be tuned in to Africa Magic (Yoruba preferably) during the upgrading process.
If you feel the Gotv website method is too long, you can use the Quickteller method to change your subscription plan. This way, you will use Quickteller to pay the amount for the new GOtv subscription then call the GOtv Customer care on 012703232 to help you complete the process manually. Here is a step by step guide on how to use Quickteller to upgrade or downgrade your GOtv package:
- Power ON your GoTv decoder.
- Log on to the Quickteller Gotv subscription page using an internet-connected device.
- Select the Gotv package you want from the options in the drop-down menu.
- Enter your decoder’s IUC number(Unique Identification Number)
- Put in your email address, mobile phone number, and click ‘Continue’.
- Select your debit card type and then fill in your details.
- Click on the Pay button and wait for your decoder to get
Using the GoTV Mobile App
You can use the GOtv mobile app to upgrade or downgrade your GOtv package. Here is how to go about it:
- Download the GoTV Mobile App from the Google Play store
- Launch the app and register if you have not done this before
- Enter Categories
- Click ‘Pay bills’
- Click on “Cable TV Bills” from the list of options.
- Choose GoTV and select your desired package.
- Enter your IUC number and click on Next
- Enter your debit card details and click on the “Pay” button
After using the Gotv mobile app to recharge, your viewing will be restored in about 5 -15 minutes. However, ensure your viewing channel is set at Africa Magic channel to make the process seamless.
Manual upgrade and Downgrade your Gotv Subscription
You can call the Gotv Customer care to help you upgrade or downgrade your GOtv package manually. You can reach Gotv customer care on their mobile number at 012703232 or contact GoTV Nigeria online through their social platforms.
- GoTv Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/gotvng
- GoTv NG Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GOtvNg
This is a comprehensive tutorial on how to change, upgrade, or downgrade your GoTV package. Multichoice has made it easy for you to change your subscription plan on Gotv from the comfort of your home, using the Gotv mobile app, website, Quickteller or contacting the Gotv customer care line. You can take advantage of any of these methods most convenient for you.