Adekunle Ajasin University is a state government owned university. The university is located in Akungba Akoko, Ondo state. It is one of the prominent state universities in the country.
In this post, we have highlighted the science courses offered at the university but first let’s take a brief look at the profile of the university
AAUA was founded in December 1999. Currently, the school has over 53 accredited courses ranging from Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Sciences, Faculty of Social and Management sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Education and Law.
AAUA was initially established as Obafemi Awolowo University in March 1982 by the government of the old Ondo State, headed by the late Chief Michael Adekunle Ajasin. The immediately succeeding military government of Navy Commodore Michael Bamidele Otiko changed the name of the university to Ondo State University in 1985. And when it was relocated to Akungba Akoko, the name was changed once more. The new name of the university, Adekunle Ajasin University was in honour of the late Governor Adekunle Ajasin.
If you’re looking to gain admission into AAUA, the admission requirements are highlighted below:
- For candidates seeking admission into this school must have selected them in JAMB or completed a change of institution form via JAMB to AAUA to be eligible for admission, you can read up how to change your institution and course through JAMB CBT centres closest to you if do not know how to do so.
- Secondly, Candidate must score up to the minimum required JAMB cut off mark for AAUA in order to be eligible to partake in their post UTME screening exercise
- Thirdly, Candidates must have a minimum of five (5) O’level credit which must include mathematics and English language in not more than two (2) sittings combined.
- There are other admission requirements for the courses listed below, however, the above are the most important requirements for all candidates irrespective of the courses selected and offered in AAUA.
List of Science Courses in Adekunle Ajasin University
Below is a list of the approved list of courses offered at AAUA. The courses have been arranged in an alphabetical order and the highlighted courses are the science-based ones.
- Accountancy / Accounting
- Adult Education
- Banking and Finance (Admin)
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Computer Education
- Computer Science
- Education and Accountancy
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and Geography
- Education and History
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Education and Political Science
- Education and Religious Studies
- Education and Social Studies
- Education and Yoruba
- Educational Management
- English Studies
- Environmental Biology and Fisheries
- Geography and Planning Sciences
- Guidance and Counseling
- Health Education
- History / Sociology
- History and International Studies
- Human Kinetics
- Industrial Chemistry
- Linguistics / Yoruba
- Mass Communication
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Physics with Electronics
- Plant Science and Biotechnology
- Political Science
- Public and Private International Law
- Religious Studies
- Technical Education
- Transport and Planning