Lagos State University was established as a Public University in 1983 by the enabling law of Lagos State. The school since then has been a citadel of learning and academic excellence. This article provides information on admissions requirements into Lagos State University (LASU) and other information you need to know regarding admission into the school. Read on below:
Lagos State University offers admission in two categories which are as follows:
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME): Admission via UTME admits prospective candidates into first year/100 level of various degree programmes in the Lagos State University.
Direct entry level into 200 level
General Entry Requirements for Lagos State University:
- Five (5) credit passes in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or its equivalent
- Five (5) credit passes in the General Certificate of Education (GCE)
- The National Examination Council Certificate (NECO)
Either of these results must include credit passes in Mathematics, English Language and three other subjects relevant to the proposed course of study. The result must be obtained at a maximum of two sittings.
Direct Entry level requirements for Lagos State University
- A diploma certificate from Lagos state University
- LASU foundation certificate
- Admission into the faculty of Education via direct entry requires an NCE Certificate
Applicants who meet the requirements and are suitably qualified can apply for the Lagos State University 2019/2020 Admission Screening Exercise. Note that online screening exercise is a prerequisite for entry into Lagos State University. The online screening is for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 level) and direct entry into 200 level.
Eligibility for Lagos state University screening exercise
- Only candidates who have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice institution in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) for 2019
- Only candidates who have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the LASU Online Admission Screening Exercise.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age, by 1st October 2019.
- Candidates who have had their Pre Degree Studies (PDS) with the school will be considered for admission into Lagos State University in the 2019/2020 academic session. These candidates must also have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice institution in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) for 2019. Candidates from Pre-degree must also have scored a minimum of 190 marks in order to be eligible to participate in the online admission screening exercise.
- Candidates who wish to apply via direct entry including those applying through LASU Foundation (JUPEB) will be considered for admission into Lagos State University for the coming academic session. This is as long as they have obtained the direct entry Form from JAMB.
- Candidates who are from Lagos State and who have proven their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC) set up by the Lagos State University. These candidates must fill in their IIVC Code on the Screening Portal in order to be eligible for the screening exercise
- Candidates must have obtained five (5) O’ Level Credits in subjects relevant to the proposed course of study. The result must be obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Candidates applying for Medicine and Dentistry must obtain the result in only one sitting
- Candidates who apply for any Engineering Course and wish to combine results (i.e. use Two (2) sittings) must possess Six (6) Credits passes in O’level examination to include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, a science subject and any other
- Candidates applying for a degree in Aeronautic and Astronautic Engineering must have a credit pass in Further Mathematics
- Candidates with awaiting result status are also eligible to apply for the screening
- Admission into all courses at Lagos state University requires having a credit pass in the English Language
- Candidates must make sure to upload their O’Level results on JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) before the closure of the Admission Screening Exercise.
- The online screening will be based on Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades of the candidate in five (5) subjects relevant to the proposed course of study
- Students are to ensure they have the subject’s relevant to their chosen course to be found in the 2019 JAMB brochure. The JAMB brochure is also available online at jamb.gov.ng.
Candidates should also ensure that they study the subject requirements (O’ level and JAMB combination) for Lagos state University before applying for the online admission screening.
Applicants to Lagos state university should note that the school has not authorized any member of staff of LASU or any other Third Party to collect any payment of registration of online screening on behalf of the school. Be careful and never pay money to any other but on the school website.
Programmes offered by Lagos State University
Faculty of Arts
History & International Studies
Music & Theatre Arts
Portuguese / English
Faculty of Education
– Arabic Education
– Christian Religious Studies Education
– Islamic Studies Education
– English Education
– French Education
– History Education
– Yoruba Education
– Biology Education
– Chemistry Education
– Mathematics Education
– Physical & Health Education
– Health Education
– Computer Science Education
– Educational Technology
– Business Education
– Accounting Education
– Educational Management
– Geography Education
– Economics Education
– Political Science Education
– Early Childhood Education
– Guidance & Counselling
Faculty of Law
School of Agriculture
School of Management Sciences
– Public Administration
– Banking & Finance
– Management Technology
– Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
Faculty of Science
– Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
– Computer Science
School of Communication
-College of Medicine
-Medicine & Surgery
Faculty of Social sciences
– Geography & Planning
– Political Science
School of Transport
School of Engineering
– Mechanical Engineering
– Electronics & Computer Engineering
– Chemical and Polymer Engineering
– Aeronautic & Astronautics Engineering