The Kaduna state government through the Kaduna State Scholarship and Loans Board offers scholarship which is based on meeting criteria. This is to serve as a means of relief in payment of tuition fees, accommodation fees, feeding and other needs of the students. It also helps to support the student towards achieving academic excellence.
This article is about the requirements needed and how to apply for the Kaduna state scholarship.
- The disability scholarship scheme is solely for physically challenged applicants
- The Athletic scholarship scheme is for those athletes who must have represented Kaduna State at National Sports Festival and have won a medal(s)
- Only those in their second year or above and with a CGPA of 3.5 in school can apply for the Merit scholarship
- Those applying for the Need-Based scholarship scheme must indigenes of Kaduna state and from less privileged homes.
- Those applying for School-based individual scholarship must be studying Health-related courses in their Institutions of Higher learning.
- Those applying for postgraduate studies should possess a minimum of a second class honours Upper Division.
- Applicants must be registered and full – time students of any recognized and accredited institution of higher learning.
- Just as mentioned above, other applicants for Undergraduates studies must be registered
- full-time (100 LEVEL) degree students of the under-listed courses in any of the Institutions of Higher Learning in Kaduna State. These are
Kaduna State University
Federal University of Technology Owerri
Federal Polytechnic Nekede
Eastern Palm University
Kaduna State Polytechnic
Alvan Ikoku College of Education)
Any of these underlisted courses are eligible to apply:
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering/System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
- Petroleum Engineering
How to Apply for Scholarship
- Step 1- Obtain a User name or Password
- Click on Create Account button (This is found on The Home Page)
- Enter your Name, E-mail, Password
- Click on the Submit button
- Log in to the system using the email address and password you have already registered
Apply for the Scholarship
- Click on the “Create Account” button (This is on the Home page)
- Enter your Email Address and Password and click the Login Button
- After logging in, copy the 12 digit PIN No. On the top of the page
- Click on “Apply for Scholarship”
- Put in the 12 digits PIN No. And click “Apply Now”
- Enter all information required of you on the Application form
- Click Submit
Note: Do not forget to print a copy of the completed form for verification process
There are five Local scholarship schemes made available by the Kaduna State Government for those who wish to apply for the Kaduna state Scholarship:
There are five (5) different scholarship schemes for applicants wishing to apply as follows:
- Need Base Scholarship (Form 1)- This is open to all categories of students but most especially and preferably, indigenes of the state.
- Merit-based Scholarship (Form 2)- This is for candidates with a CGPA of 3.5 and above for the result of the current year of study.
- Disability Scholarship (Form 3)- This is for candidates living with Special Needs or with any form of disability.
- Athletic Scholarship (Form 4) – This is for candidates involved in Sports for the State. Such must be athlete students that have represented Kaduna state in any local or international competition
- School-Based Individual Scholarship- Health-Related Course (Form 5) – This is for students studying Health-related courses such as MBBS, Pharmacy, Nursing etc. in Nigeria.
Note: Anyone can apply for any of the scholarship schemes named above as long as he or she is eligible according to the requirements.
- Applicants eligible for Need-Based Scholarship Scheme should refer to and complete application form No. 1 only.
- Applicants eligible for Merit Scholarship Scheme should refer to and complete form No.2 only.
- Applicants eligible for School-Based individual scholarship scheme should refer to and complete form No.3 only.
- Applicants eligible for Disability Scholarship Scheme should refer to and complete form No.4 only.
- Applicants eligible for Athletic Scholarship Scheme should refer to and complete form No. 5 only.
Note: Multiple entries will be disqualified. Candidates are hereby advised to make only one entry. The printed copy of the completed form online should be submitted to the scholarship Board with the following documents:
o Admission Letter into the Institution of Higher Learning as well as other information on the course of study, duration and year of entry
o Academic Certificates i.e SSCE/GCE O’Level Certificate
o Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
o Letter of indigenization or Citizenship
o 2 passports with your signature and name written at the back
o Evidence of State of Origin / Local Government.
o A school ID card or National ID or Driver’s Licence or International passport
o Current student’s Payment Slip
Kaduna State Overseas Scholarship Awards for Qualified MBBS Applicants
The Kaduna state overseas Scholarship Awards is provided by the Kaduna State Ministry Education, Science and Technology. It is open to citizens of the state who would like to study MBBS Overseas programmes.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Only citizens of Kaduna state are eligible for this scholarship
- All Applicants must be residents of Kaduna state
- Candidates are preferably indigenes
- Only the MBBS degree program is allowed
- Applicants must possess A minimum qualification of six (6) Distinctions in As and Bs in the senior secondary school certificates. This is in either WAEC or NECO (May/June), The grades must be obtained in science subjects which include Physics, Chemistry and Biology and the compulsory subjects: English Language and Mathematics.
- The certificate should no be more than two (2) years old since obtaining it
- Only those within the ages of 17 to 20 years are eligible for the scholarship
Good morning sir how is work I hope every things is okay,sir my name is Ibrahim ayuba i am studying in ahamadu bello university Zaria so now I need assist.I am in the difficult condition sir I need your help…thank you sir may Allah bless you process is your successful by Ibrahim ayuba
Good sir, am living in Nigeria may Allah bless our country
Am a orphan today alway really suffer myself I still school from national certificate of education zaria kaduna state, so please need your assistance is greatly appreciated you
May Allah bless you process is your successful
By Ashiru Ango
I needed this loan to expand my business and also achieve my anbition.
How to get the links