Ambrose Ali University (AAU) is located in Ekpoma, Edo state. The institution was established in 1981 by the then Bendel state (Edo & Delta state) government. This article provides information on AAU such as admission requirements into the programs offered by the school. If you are looking to study in this institution, you are in the right place. Read on below.
General conditions for admission of students to Ambrose Ali University
- Any candidate who wishes to study at AAU must be 16 years old, only if this candidate has been certified as gifted.
- The candidate seeking admission into AAU or any tertiary institution must submit a letter of recommendation/testimonial from the principal of his or her secondary school
- Candidate must also submit a letter of reference from a reputable person such as school officials. This letter of reference must include a testimonial of the student’s good behaviour.
Admission requirement into Ambrose Ali University
AAU Admission Requirements for Faculty of Arts
Candidates seeking admission into the Faculty of Arts must have five credit passes at SSCE/NECO/GCE (O/L) NABTEB or its equivalent. This result must be obtained at not more than two sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Literature in English and three other Arts, or Social science subjects.
Faculty of Education
- Agricultural Education
- Business Education (Accounting)
- Home Economics Education
- Technology Education
- Educational Management offers options in the following areas:
- Political Science
- Religion studies
Candidates seeking to be admitted into the Faculty of Education are required to have five credit passes at SSCE/NECO/GCE/TC II/NABTEB or its equivalent. This result must be obtained at not more than two sittings and must include the English Language. Candidates are also required to have a credit pass in Mathematics.
Faculty of Management Sciences
Programs offered in this faculty are:
- Sc. Accounting
- Sc. Banking and Finance
- Sc. Business Administration
- Sc. Public AdministrationAdmission Requirements:
- Candidates seeking to study any of the programs under the Faculty of Management Sciences must have five credit passes in the following subjects: Mathematics, English, Economics and from two other social science subjects from Commerce, Geography, Accounting, etc. The result(s) must be obtained at not more than two sittings
- Candidates seeking admission into Public Administration must have in addition to the above, a credit pass in Government.
Faculty of Social science
Department under this faculty are:
College of Medicine
Candidates who wish to study for the MBBS degree programme of the College of Medicine at Ambrose Ali University can be admitted via the following processes:
A six-year program via UTME
Candidates must have five credit passes in at the GCE/SSCE/NECO or its equivalent. The subjects must include Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English Language. Results must be obtained at not more than two sittings. Only candidates with scores not below 50% in JAMB are eligible to be selected.
Five-year Program via direct entry
Candidates must satisfy the U.M.E. requirements in addition to any of the following:
- Passes at the Advanced Level GCE or its equivalent in Biology (or Zoology), Physics and Chemistry. Results must be obtained at not more than two sittings
- Candidates must have a B.Sc. (Hons.) degree at the second class or higher level in the following subjects: Biology, Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Medical Laboratory, and Related Sciences
- Candidates via Intra and Inter-University transfer and who have the U.M.E. admission requirements as stated above are eligible to be admitted. Candidates must not have had any carry-over and depends on the qualification.
Other Programmes under the College of Medicine (B.M.L.S. AND B.SC. Physiology)
- Candidates with a degree in any discipline related to the Biological Sciences or any other qualification considered equivalent to the above are eligible for admission
- Candidates who wish to be admitted via Inter/Intra university transfers might have had a carryover but must not have a CGPA less than 1.
- All transfers are subject to the availability of vacancies.
Screening tests may be administered to candidates as decided by the school. This is to determine whether or not the candidate is capable of qualifying for the JAMB score claimed.
Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Sc. Computer Science
- Sc. MathematicsAdmission Requirements:
Candidates seeking to be admitted into the Faculty of Natural Sciences must have five credit passes in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics and two others chosen from Chemistry, Biology, Geography, and Economics at SSCE/NECO/GCE (O/L) NABTEB or their equivalent. Result(s) must be obtained at not more than two sittings.
Faculty of Social Sciences
Programs offered under this faculty are:
- Sc. Economics
- Sc. Geography and Environmental Management
- B.Sc. Sociology
- B.Sc. Criminology
- B.Sc. Social work
- B.Sc. Political science
- Candidates seeking to be admitted into the Faculty of Social sciences must have five credit passes in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Economics and two other Social science subjects at SSCE/NECO/GCE (O/L) or their equivalents. Result(s) must be obtained in not more than two sittings
- It is compulsory for candidates seeking admission to study for B.Sc. Economics to have credit pass in Economics.
- It is compulsory for candidates seeking admission to study Sociology to have credit pass in Government.
For admission into Economics and Sociology, a pass in Mathematics is acceptable.
Faculty of Agriculture
Departments under the faculty of Agriculture are:
- Crop Science
- Soil Science
- Animal Science
- Agricultural Economics and Extension
Candidates via UTME
Candidates must have an acceptable pass in UME, in addition to credit passes in at least five subjects at WASC/SSCE/GCE O’ Level to include English language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and/or Agricultural sciences
Credit pass in Economics and Geography are also acceptable.
Direct Entry Requirements:
- Candidates seeking for admission via direct entry must have met the requirements via UME in the relevant subjects, in addition to two SSC/GCE Advanced level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural sciences.
- Candidates who have either of the following and have met the UME requirements are eligible to be admitted:
OND in Agriculture with a minimum of upper credit
HND in Agriculture with an overall pass
NCE in Agricultural Science with at least an overall Credit pass
Diploma certificate in Agriculture, in any of the Natural Sciences, Banking and Finance and Business Management with at least a merit pass.
Candidates with OND and Diploma certificates in fields related to the proposed course of study but who have a pass grade are eligible for admission into 100 Level.
- A candidate with an upper credit in HND in addition to five credits at WASC/NECO/SCE O’ level or their equivalents may be admitted into 300L.
Candidates who have a pass grade in English Language or Chemistry may be accepted only if such also has five credit passes in other relevant subjects to include physics.
Faculty of Environmental Studies
Programs under this faculty are:
- Architecture – B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D.
- Building – B.Sc
- Fine and Applied Arts – B.FA
- Geography and Regional Planning – B.Sc, PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D.
- Admission is by concessional examination organized by Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB). To be eligible for admission, candidates must have at least five (5) credits passes in WASCE/SSCE/O’ levels or its equivalent, obtained at not more than two sittings.
Faculty of Law
- Commercial and Industrial Law
- Private and Property Law
- Public Law
- Jurisprudence and International Law
- A candidate seeking admission into the Faculty of Law must have at least five credit passes in S.S.S.C.E. or G.C.E. O’ Level which must include English Language and English Literature. Result(s) must be obtained at not more than two sittings. Such a candidate must also have at least, a pass in Mathematics or any other science subject such as Biology. A pass in one commercial or trade subject, such as Commerce, Business Methods, Account, Book Keeping, Typing, etc. is acceptable.
Direct Entry Mode:
- Candidates seeking for admission into faculty of Law via direct entry must have five credit passes in G.C.E/S.S.C.E. or their equivalent to include English Language and English Literature OR of which at least two of the passes must be at Advanced Level provided
- A good honours degree or postgraduate degree from the University or any other University or College approved by the school.
Note: Every candidate of direct entry must have at least, a pass in Mathematics or any other science subject.
Faculty of Engineering
Departments under this faculty are:
Electrical Electronic & Computer Engineering
Industrial & Production Engineering
- Candidates via the University Matriculation Examination (UME) into year 1 or 100 level must have at least five credit passes at SSCE/GCE/O’ levels or their equivalent in Mathematics, English language, Physics, Chemistry and any other subject approved by the institution. A candidate must also have a high level of performance in the University Matriculation Examination.
Direct Entry (D.E.)
Candidates may be admitted into 200 level via direct entry if they have:
met the admission requirements for UME candidates in addition to having obtained passes at the G.C.E. A’ Level or their equivalent in Physics and mathematics.
Candidates with outstanding N.C.E Technical or O.N.D. results may also be considered.
Faculty of Physical Sciences
Departments under this faculty are:
Mathematics and Statistics
Faculty of Life Sciences
Note: Ambrose Ali University does not accept cases of awaiting result.
Exchange your Bitcoins & Perfect Money for Naira. Get Paid Automatically in 10 seconds.