Redeemer’s University is a private university located in Osun State, Nigeria. The University was established in 2005 and is owned by the Redeemed Christian Church of God. In this article, you will find information on the admission requirements into Redeemers University, as well as the programmes offered by the school. Read on below:
Applicants who wish to study at Redeemers University can do so via any of the options below:
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Mode
Requirements for admission via UTME
Applicants via UTME must have five (5) credit passes in five subjects ( in either Arts, Social Sciences or Sciences) in O’ level/WASC/SSCE/NECO or its equivalent. Two of the five(5) credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics. For those in the art class and who wish to study a course such as law, two credit passes must be in English language and Literature in English. The five (5) credit passes must be obtained at not more than two (2) sittings. In addition to this, UTME candidates must have an acceptable pass in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination organized by JAMB.
5(five) credit passes in WAEC/NECO or its equivalent obtained in one sitting or six credit passes obtained in two sittings. The two compulsory subjects are English Language, Mathematics and other subjects relevant to the proposed course of study.
Direct Entry Mode
Applicants via direct entry must meet the following requirements
· A candidate applying for a degree in Law via direct entry must have a certificate of an upper credit or its equivalent in a two or three-year Diploma in Law in addition to five credit passes including English Language and Literature in English at WASC/SSCE/NECO/GCE O’ level or their equivalent.
· A Principal or Advanced Level in Higher School Certificate in two or three papers. This is in addition to Ordinary Level requirements stated above.
· An acceptable first Degree (First class or second class honours lower division) B.A., B.Sc. or their equivalents in addition to Ordinary Level requirements listed above.
Applicants who have been students in another school such as from the Faculty of Law may transfer as long as it is from a recognized University and he or she has successfully completed the first year and also met the admission requirements. Candidate(s) must have a CGPA of at least 3.49
Pre-degree is a one-year preparatory programme for students towards admission into 100 Level. In Pre-degree schools, there is a focus on UTME/Post UTME examinations. Students who also have one or two deficiencies in their O’level examinations (WAEC, SSCE, NECO) are also prepared. Usually, a candidate who is successful in the Pre-degree program is given admission for the course of study already prepared for.
Colleges in Redeemers University
College of Humanities
The College of humanities, Redeemers’ University was established in 2005 and comprises three accredited departments:
Department of English
English & Professional Communication B. A. (Hons)
Department of History And International Relations
History & International Studies B. A. (Hons)
Department of Theatre Arts And Film Studies
Performing Arts (Theatre Arts/Film Studies) B. A. (Hons)
College of Management Science
The College of Management Science consists of the following departments:
College of Natural Sciences
The College of Natural sciences comprises five departments, which are:
The college consists of eight programmes leading to the award of a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.). These degrees are:
Procedure for Application into Redeemers University
· Go to the Redeemers University website
· Create a profile by supplying your jamb number, a password and other personal details as requested on the Create profile page
· Click Create Profile button, on the create profile page after all the necessary details have been supplied.
· When the profile has been successfully created, proceed to log-in
· On successful log-in, click ‘create-post-utme app’ in order to create and submit your application
· At this point, if you are asked for payment, proceed to pay with etranzact, mastercard, verve or visa
· After payment has been successful, repeat the last step.
The application form is a sum of Seven thousand, five hundred naira (N7,500.00) only for the Redeemer’s University Post UTME when using the eTransact platform.
Courses offered in Redeemers University are:
Undergraduate fees and funding
The school fees of Redeemers University comprises of the following:
· Hostel Accommodation
· Medical Insurance
· ICT Certification Training
· Entrepreneur Studies
Redeemers University is very affordable. The school has a flexible payment plan of 60% first semester and 40% second semester.
The University also provides scholarship to students based on academic performance via the Students Support Scheme (SSS).
Exchange your Bitcoins & Perfect Money for Naira. Get Paid Automatically in 10 seconds.