Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) is one of the most prestigious universities in Nigeria. The school was established in 1962 and attained a foremost position in its early years with a vibrant academic and social atmosphere and a high international reputation.
This article provides information on Obafemi Awolowo University Post-UTME registration, cut-off mark, and requirements for courses, application cost for screening for the 2019/2020 academic session. Read on below.
The school has set the cut-off mark for eligibility for the Post UTME and direct entry screening exercise to be 200 (UTME score). The application cost for the Post UTME exercise is N2000. Applicants are also required to pay other appropriate bank charges. Registration began on July 19th, 2019 and closed on the 26th of August, 2019.
Eligibility for the Post UTME screening exercise for Obafemi Awolowo University
- Only candidates who made the university their first choice in the 2019 UTME form
- Applicants must have scored 200 and above in order to be eligible to apply for the Post-UTME screening exercise
Applicants via UTME and direct entry are to log onto the school admission portal on the school website in order to register for the POST-UTME screening exercise.
Method of Application
Candidates are required to visit the school website and login with their JAMB registration number to begin the on-line registration process for the Post UTME screening exercise. Candidates are to obtain an RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference) from the school website only. The Remita Retrieval Reference number will be used to make payment online or at any commercial bank.
Note: Applicants should not make payments through any consultant/agent or firm. All payments should be made on the school portal. The university does not have designated agents, consultant or firms to accept payments for admission
Applicants are required to upload the following necessary documents on the university admission portal in order to be qualified for the screening exercise:
- Update JAMB data
- Upload Results (i.e WAEC, NECO, JUPEB, ND, NCE, etc)
- Upload scanned copy of other credentials
- Upload passport photograph (if not available)
- Print completed admission screening form
Any candidate that supplies wrong information or upload incorrect credentials will have his/her admission withdrawn or be automatically disqualified. Only applicants who are considered qualified will be contacted.
General Entry Requirements for Admission to Obafemi Awolowo University
The minimum entry requirements for any degree program is credit passes in at least five subjects relevant to the proposed course of study in the O level examinations that is GCE/NECO, WAEC (or its equivalent). The credits pass in five subjects must be obtained at not more than two sittings.
- One of the passes must be at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in English Language.
- Except for faculties such as Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Law, and for the Bachelor of Arts in Education in the Faculty of Education, candidates for admission to other faculties must have a credit pass in Mathematics at ‘O’ Level or its equivalent.
Note: A pass in the General Paper of the Higher School Certificate is regarded as an equivalent to a credit pass in the English Language at ‘O’ Level.
In addition to the general requirements above, some faculties and departments have their O’ level requirements. They are listed out below:
Additional Faculty/Department Requirements
Faculty of Administration
B.Sc Accounting (4 years Programme)
O’ Level Requirements: Applicants must have obtained five ‘O’ level credits passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Economics in addition to two other subjects from Government, Yoruba, Biology.
B.Sc International Relations (4 years Programme)
- UME requirements: English Language, Mathematics, Government and any other Social Science subject.
- ‘O’ Level Requirements: Applicants must have obtained five ‘O’ Level credits passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Government in addition to two other subjects from History, Geography and Yoruba.
B.Sc Local Government Students (4 years programme)
- ‘O’ Level requirement: Applicants must have credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Government, Economics. These must be obtained at not more than two sittings.
Faculty of Agriculture
B.Sc Agriculture (5 years programme)
- ‘O’ Level Entry Requirements: Applicants must have credit passes at GCE/SSCE or its other equivalents in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science and any other subject.
Faculty of Arts
B.A. African Language and Literature (4 years programme)
‘O’ Level Requirements: Applicants must have obtained credits in English Language, Yoruba in addition to other art subjects. For admission to other departments and programs in the faculty of arts, the applicant must have obtained credits in the relevant subject. For example:
B.A. Dramatic Arts (4 years programme)
‘O’ Level Requirements: Applicants must have credits in the English Language; Literature-in-English in addition to other art subjects.
B.A. Religious Studies (4 years programme)
‘O’ Level Requirements: Applicants must have credits in the English Language; C.R.K or I.R.K in addition to other art subjects.
B.A. History (4 years programme)
‘O’ Level Requirements: Applicants must obtain credit passes in English Language, History in addition to other art subjects.
B.A. History (Combined Honours) (4 years programme)
O’ level requirements: Applicants must have credit passes in English language, Government, C.RK/I.R.K, Literature and other art subjects
Faculty of Education
B.Ed. Education/English (4 years programme)
- ‘O’ Level Requirements: Applicants must have obtained five ‘O’ Level credits to include English Language and Literature in English and three other subjects. This can also be substituted for credit passes in 5 TC II subjects relevant to the course of study.
This is applicable to other programs under the faculty of education. For example, admission into the B.Ed. Education/Political Science requires that applicants have credit passes in Government, English language and Mathematics while admission to B.Ed. Geography requires passes in Geography, English and Mathematics.
Faculty of Science and Faculty of Health sciences
‘O’ Level Requirements: Applicants must have credit passes Five ‘O’ Level in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) or its equivalent to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry and either Physics or Biology.
Faculty of Social Science – (4 years programme)
Applicants for the programs under the faculty of Social science must have credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics plus two of Arts or Social Science subject.
Faculty of Technology
Applicants for a Bachelor of Science in the Various Engineering Courses (5 years programme) must have credit passes in the following subjects: English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry in the ‘O’ level examinations in addition to any other science subject.