Are you looking to join the Airforce and earn your Air Force badges? The Nigerian Airforce does provide employment and training to Nigerians of different qualifications. Such employment opportunities are also made public so that members of the general public can benefit from it.
In this write-up, you will learn about how to obtain the application form for Nigerian Air force and other recruitment details
The applicant is expected to meet up with the requirements highlighted below
- The Applicant must be of Nigerian origin.
- The Applicants must be between the ages of 17 and 22 years for non-tradesmen/women, 17 and 24 years for tradesmen/women by 31 December 2016. Those applying as drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 28 years by 31 December 2016
- All applicants must be single.
- Minimum height is 1.68 meters or 5.5ft for males and 1.65m or 5.4ft for females.
- All applicants must be medically fit and meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
Below, you will learn about the various kinds of trainings offered at the Nigerian Air Force Academy and the qualifications required for each of them
Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English Language at not more than 2 sittings obtained not later than 4 years to this exercise. In addition, applicants are also required to possess their school’s testimonials.
Applicants must possess OND, NABTEB, RN/RM or City & Guild Certificate. Candidate with only Trade Test Certificate are required to also have a minimum of 3 passes in GCE/SSCE/NECO including English. In addition, applicants applying as tradesmen/tradeswomen must possess ND (with minimum of Lower Credit) or other relevant trade qualification from government-approved institutions. Note that applicants with HND or First Degrees/Post-Graduate Certificates, University Diplomas and Grade II Teacher’s certificates will not be considered for recruitment as airmen/airwomen into the Nigerian Air Force and should not apply.
Applicant’s attestation form must be signed by a military officer from the same state as the applicant and not below the rank of Squadron Leader or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Navy, and Police Officer of the rank of Assistant CP and above. Local Governments Chairmen/Secretaries, magistrates and principals of government Secondary Schools from applicants’ state of origin can also sign the attestation forms. The signees passport photograph and either photocopy of drivers licence or international passport must be attached. In addition, applicants are to bring with them a letter of attestation of good character from any of the officers above to the Zonal Recruitment Centers and final selection interview.
Applicants that are applying with any of the qualifications beliow should tajke good note of the certificates required in each of them for the aplicaiton to be considered for approval
- Medical Records: ND Medical Records.
- Nursing: RN/RM
- Lab Technician: ND Medical Lab Science.
- X-Ray Technician: ND X-ray Technology.
- Dental Technician: ND Dental Technology/Dental Therapy
- Pharmacy Technician: ND Pharmacy Technology.
- Environmental Technician: ND Environmental Technology.
- Biomedical Technician: ND Biomedical Technology.
- Optometry Technician: ND Optometry Technology.
- Statistics: ND Statistics.
- Assistant Chaplain: ND in Christian Religious Study.
- Assistant Imam: ND in Arabic/Islamic Studies.
- Engineering Technicians: ND Mechanical Engr./Electrical Electronics Engr/Air Engineering Technology
- Meteorologist: ND in Meteorology.
- Electrical Technicians: ND Electrical Electronics, ND/Trade Test Cert 1,2,3 Domestic Elect, Work
- Building Technology: ND Building tech/QS/Land Surveying/Civil Engineering.
- Public Relations/Info: ND Mass Comm. Cert/Trade Test Cert in Videography/Photography.
- Secretarial Assistants: ND Office Technology Management.
- Library Assistants: ND/NCE Library Science.
- Music: ND Music. In addition, playing experience in any recognised Band will be an advantage.
- Driver/Mechanic: Trade Test and current driver’s license with practical experience.
- Works: Trade Test Cert in Welding/Carpentry/Painting/Sign Writing/Plumbing/Mason/ domestic Electrician/Refrigeration and air conditioning repair.
- Computer Tech.: ND/Computer Hardware Engr/Software Engr. Possession of recognized certifications will be an advantage.
- ND/Certificate in Physiotherapy.
- ND/Certificate in Medical Supply.
- ND/Certificate in Printing Technology.
- PE/Sports: ND/NCE Physical Education, Certificate of participation/Medals in National and International sporting competitions will be an added advantage.
- Catering: ND in Catering Services.
- Education: NCE in PHE, Library Science, Home Economics, Hausa Language, Ibo Language, Yoruba Language, French, Business Management, Fine Arts
How To Apply
Interested applicants are to apply free of charge online at www.careers.nigerianairforce.gov.ng. Applicants are to print out the underlisted documents after completion of application online:
a. Local Government Attestation Form.
b. Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
c. Acknowledgement Form.
Additional Instructions on Application
The applicants will be required to submit for scrutiny, the original copies of the documents at the recruitment centers and during the final selection interview. Applicants will be required to present following documents if selected for the zonal recruitment test:
The applicant should come with two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by officer of appropriate rank specified, Local Government Chairmen/Secretaries and other specified officers in Paragraph 8.
Also, the applicant is expected to present the photocopies of the documents highlighted below:
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age (Any age declaration done later than 4 years to this exercise will not be acceptable).
- Educational/Trade Certificates.
- Indigenship certificate from applicant’s State of Origin.
If any applicant is suspected to have impersonated another candidate, or has submitted any false document during the registration or application process, such a candidate will be automatically disqualified from the selection exercise. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal of the affected candidate from the training exercise.
The authority may also hand over such an applicant to the Police for appropriate legal prosecution. The Nigerian Air Force also said it will not entertain any enquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been earlier rejected.
All interested applicants are also expected to know that the online registration for the program is free of charge. The applicants are equally required to fill all their details, including their valid email addresses and Telephone numbers in the appropriate spaces provided in the application form.
Once the applicant has completed the filling of the application forms, he or she must print out the Acknowledgment Slip afterward.