In order to be best in the fast-paced world of marketing, one has to be involved in a lifelong learning process. Graduates of the Department of Marketing are important in all organizations for revenue generation and are open to employment opportunities all over the world and in various sectors, industries, and organizations. There are institutions that have developed the required programs on professionalism so as to acquire the needed skills and career development for practitioners, students, and others interested in the field of marketing.
Marketing Courses in Nigeria & Requirements
This article covers Marketing courses and requirement in Nigeria:
Institute of Sales and Marketing Management of Nigeria
The Institute of Sales and Marketing Management in affiliation with reputable Universities and foreign Professional bodies offer a variety of courses which are:
- Professional Diploma Certificate in Sales & Marketing Management
This sales training and marketing courses will enable you to explore the core concept of modern sales and marketing management by teaching effective customer-centric sales and marketing strategies.
- Advanced Diploma Certificate
This course teaches how to manage an organization in a competitive market and implement effective sales and marketing strategies.
- Certificate Course in Sales and Marketing Management
This course is tailored towards non-graduates of the sales discipline. It is a graduate conversion certification.
Post Graduate Diploma Certificate
National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (NIMN)
This is the body responsible for managing marketing professionals in the field of marketing and other related fields such as marketing practitioners, sales and marketing directors, customer service managers, etc.
The professional qualifications in marketing made available by the National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (NIMN) provide its graduates with a wide range of interesting career opportunities such as:
Retail and sales management
Professional Qualifications in Marketing
The NIMN professional qualifications provide a good foundation for those interested in building a career in the field of marketing and becoming Chartered Marketers who can also provide packaging design services.
- Minimum Requirements for the Examination
Candidates must be at least 16 years
- Candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) passes at credit level at SSCE/GCE/NECO or their equivalent examinations to include English language and Mathematics. Result must be obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
Foundation Certificate in Marketing
The following are eligible for the Foundation Certificate in Marketing
- Candidates who have obtained a minimum of five credit passes to include Mathematics and English language at SSCE/GCE/NECO or their equivalent examinations. Results must be obtained in not more than two sittings.
- Candidates who have a National Diploma (ND) in disciplines outside of Marketing and Business
Chartered Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing
- Candidates who have NIMN Chartered Graduate Diploma in Marketing
- Candidates who have a Bachelor of Science or Higher National Diploma in Marketing or Business Administration
- Candidates who have degrees other disciplines relevant to Marketing or Business Administration, in addition to M.sc/MBA in Marketing.
- Candidates who have M.sc or MBA in Marketing in addition to undergraduate qualifications in Marketing or Business Administration are exempted from the first part of the Chartered Post Graduate Diploma examination. These ones will only have to pay the exemption fees.
- Candidates who have undergraduate degrees such as BSc or HND in other disciplines, in addition to M.sc or MBA in Marketing may be eligible to begin from the first part of the Chartered Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing.
- There are subject by subject exemptions in the Foundation Certificate and Chartered Graduate Diploma examinations. This depends on the qualifications of the candidates.
The NIMN training is designed to meet the requirements of marketing and sales organizations
Marketing as an Undergraduate course
Studying marketing in undergraduate years prepares one for a challenging environment. In school, the emphasis is placed on self-reliance and self-employment to enable the student to think of ways to contribute to national development and also thrive in a professional career. The Department of Marketing is under the Faculty of Business Administration or Management in Nigerian institutions. It is a four-year degree programme that leads to a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing.
Admission Requirements for UTME Candidates
Candidates applying to the department of Marketing via UTME must have a minimum of five credit passes in Mathematics, English language, Economics and two other subjects relevant to the proposed course of study at West African School Certificate (SSCE)/Ordinary level (GCE)/NECO or other equivalent examinations. Results must be obtained in not more than two sittings.
UTME subject combination includes English language, Mathematics, Economics, and one other relevant subject.
Admission Requirements for Candidates via direct entry
Candidates via direct entry are qualified to enter the second year for the four year degree program in Marketing. Candidates must meet the following requirements:
Candidates with the minimum of lower credit in Marketing or any other course-related to Marketing such as Business Administration
Candidates who hold Ordinary National Diploma with a minimum of lower credit in Marketing or other related disciplines such as Business Administration, Marketing, Public Administration, Accounting, etc.
Candidates who hold an NCE qualification with merit or at least a GPA of 2.5 on a 4 point scale or 3.5 on a 5 point scale
Candidates with A’ Level passes in either GCE or H.SC in Economics, English Language and Mathematics at credit level are also eligible for admission via direct entry into the four-year programme of the Department.
All the above is in addition to five credit passes in GCE, SSCE/NECO or its equivalents which must include both English language and Mathematics.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing Management
The Chartered Institute of Marketing Management CIMM is the leading Marketing Management institute in Africa that offers training and management courses, conferences, seminars and workshops for Marketers and those interested in the field. One of the courses offered include:
Chartered Institute Of Marketing (CIM/CAM) Diploma In Digital Marketing & Marketing Communications
In Lagos Nigeria, the institute enrolls four times a year that is in January, April, July, and October. Class schedules include intensive training during the weekend.