Would you like to study abroad?
Have you tried applying to a school but was asked for a GRE test result?
Have no fear.
The GRE is a widely acceptable assessment test for non-business schools, although some business schools now accept the GRE too.
The essence of the test is to evaluate your analytical and critical reasoning skills.
The most important thing is to make sure that the GRE will be accepted in your school of choice before you register for it.
There are lots of GRE exam centres in Nigeria, search for any one close to you and you can register with them. You must however, ensure that they have some credibility before you register to write your exam with them.
There are two formats of the GRE test, these are the online version and the written version.
Most centres in Nigeria make use of the online version and you will be required to carry out the test online at the designated centre.
Here is a step by step process on how to register for GRE in Nigeria:
- Identify a suitable centre that is approved to conduct the test in Nigeria.
Examples are scolarfare.com and gregmattoeflnigeria.com.
Criteria for picking a centre should include proximity to you and ability of the centre to forward your test score to the school you intent to applying for.
- Pick a suitable date from what is available at the center. Usually there are different time slots available for the test.
The best practice is to pick a time that will enable you prepare ahead for the rest.
- Make necessary payment to the designated centre.
- Fill out a registration form with any of the chosen test centres. The following information is usually required:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- International passport number
- Address (postal and home)
- Academic history
- Proposed course of study
- Preferred institution
Note that the details required might vary depending on the centre chosen.
After registration you can then practice for the test proper on the date you have chosen.