Studying Engineering in the university opens you up to a myriad of opportunities post-graduation. However, there are loads of Engineering courses offered in the university.
Engineering is one of the reputable courses you can study in any Nigerian university. However, there are several Engineering courses to choose from.
Best Engineering Courses in Nigeria & Requirements
In this post, we have highlighted the best engineering courses in Nigeria and its requirements.
But first, let’s take a look at the full list of Engineering courses in Nigeria:
- Production Engineering
- Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering
- Food Science and Engineering
- Project Management Technology
- Food Technology
- Gas Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical / Petrochemical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Transportation and Management Technology
- Civil Engineering/Hydrology
- Computer Engineering
- ICT Engineering
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Irrigation Engineering
- Water Resources and Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Computer and Information Science
- Industrial Production and Engineering
- Communication Technology
- Information Technology
- Marine Engineering
- Communication and Multimedia Design
- Maritime Management Technology
- Materials and Production Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering
- Mechanical and Production Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Metallurgical & Material Engineering
- Environmental Management
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Technology
- Mining Engineering
- Environmental Management Technology
- Naval architecture
- Petroleum Engineering
Specifically, we have highlighted the top 5 engineering courses in the country based on the marketability post-graduation.
1. Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that applies physics, material science principles as well as engineering to design, analyze, manufacture, and maintain mechanical systems.
This course is one of the oldest and broadest of the engineering disciplines. After your undergraduate study, you can decide to further your studies abroad on a scholarship. You can apply through the PTDF Overseas Scholarship in order to earn a scholarship.
2. Computer Engineering
Computer engineering is a discipline that integrates several fields of computer science and electronics engineering required to develop computer hardware and software.
Graduates of this discipline are trained in electronic engineering (or electrical engineering), software design, and hardware–software integration instead of only software engineering or electronic engineering.
They are also involved in many hardware and software aspects of computing, from the design of individual microcontrollers, microprocessors, personal computers, and supercomputers, to circuit design.
Apart from the focus of computer engineering on how computer systems themselves work, but also how they integrate into the larger picture.
3. Software Engineering
Software engineering is one of the most lucrative engineering courses in Nigeria has become one of the most important courses in the tech field.
This branch of engineering is a systematic application of scientific and technological knowledge, methods, and experience to the design, implementation, testing, and documentation of software.
Simply put, Software engineering discipline that is concerned with all aspects of software production. It is the application of engineering to the development of software in a systematic method.
4. Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Electrical engineering deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism.
This branch of Engineering has now subdivided into a wide range of subfields including electronics, digital computers, computer engineering, power engineering, telecommunications, control systems, radio-frequency engineering, signal processing, instrumentation, and microelectronics.
Many of these subdisciplines overlap with other engineering branches, spanning a huge number of specializations such as hardware engineering, power electronics, electromagnetics & waves, microwave engineering, nanotechnology, electrochemistry, renewable energies, mechatronics, electrical materials science, and much more. See glossary of electrical and electronics engineering.
Electrical engineers typically hold a degree in electrical engineering or electronic engineering. Practicing engineers may have professional certification and be members of a professional body. Such bodies include the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) (formerly the IEE).
Electrical engineers work in a very wide range of industries and the skills required are likewise variable. These range from basic circuit theory to the management skills required of a project manager. The tools and equipment that an individual engineer may need are similarly variable, ranging from a simple voltmeter to a top end analyzer to sophisticated design and manufacturing software.
5. Civil Engineering
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works such as residences, institutional buildings, roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewerage systems, pipelines, and railways.
This discipline is traditionally broken into a number of sub-disciplines. It is considered the second-oldest engineering discipline after military engineering and it is defined to distinguish non-military engineering from military engineering. Civil engineering takes place in the public sector from municipal through to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners through to international companies.
Some of the universities in the country that offer these courses are highlighted below:
- Abia State University
- Adeleke University, Ede
- Afe Babalola University Ado Ekiti
- Ahmadu Bello University
- Akwa Ibom State University
- Ambrose Alli University
- Bauchi State University
- Bayero University, Kano
- Baze University
- Bells University
- Bells University
- Benson Idahosa University
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Caritas University
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Covenant University
- Cross River University of Technology
- Delta State University
- Ekiti State University
- Elizade University
- Federal University of Agriculture, Ado Ekiti
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State
- Federal University of Technology, Agriculture
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University, Ndufu
- Federal University, Otuoke
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
- Gregory University
- Igbinedion University
- Imo State University
- Kano University of Science and Technology
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology
- Kwara State University
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
- Lagos State Unive
- Lagos State University
- Landmark University
- Madonna University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology
- Niger Delta University
- Nigerian Defence Academy
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- Obafemi Awolowo University
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology
- Osun State University
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology
- Taraba State University, Jalingo
- University of Abuja
- University of Benin
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Uyo
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University
Exchange your Bitcoins & Perfect Money for Naira. Get Paid Automatically in 10 seconds.