The University of Nigeria, commonly referred to as UNN, is a federal university located in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria. This article covers the faculties and courses offered in the school, requirements for admission, correct JAMB subject combination, UTME, and direct entry requirements.
General Entry requirements into University of Nigeria
- Age Limit: In order to gain admission into the University of Nigeria, candidates must be above the age of sixteen (16) years.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates applying for admission into any of the courses under the University of Nigeria, Nsukka must possess five credit level passes which must include the following subjects: Mathematics, English Language and three other science/Art or Commercial subject, depending on the proposed course of study. The result must be obtained in not more than two sittings
- Candidates applying via Direct Entry must also have the UTME requirement for the particular course in order to be admitted into the University.
- Candidates who have Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in addition to credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or other approved equivalent examinations may be considered.
- Every candidate seeking admission to any course at the University of Nigeria must make at least 200 pass mark in JAMB in order to qualify for internal screening by the University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Below is a comprehensive list of courses offered in the University of Nigeria
Faculty of Agriculture
- Agriculture Economics
- Agriculture Extension
- Animal Science
- Home Science, Nutrition and Dietetics
- Soil Science
- Food Science and Technology
- Crop Science
Admission requirements into the Faculty of Agriculture
Candidates applying to any of the courses mentioned above under the faculty of Agriculture must have five credit passes in English language, Mathematics, Biology, Agriculture and any other science subject.
Faculty of Arts
- Mass Communication
- Archaeology and Tourism
- English and Literary Studies
- Fine and Applied Art
- Linguistics, Igbo and Other Nigerian Languages
- Theater and Film Studies
- Foreign Language and Literature
Admission requirements for the Faculty of Arts
Candidates applying to the faculty of Arts at the University of Nigeria must have five credit passes at SSCE/NECO/NABTEB or any other equivalent examination. Results must be obtained in not more than two sittings.
UME subject combination is the English language, Literature, Government and any other art subject
Faculty of Biological Sciences
- Plant Science and Biotechnology
- Zoology and Environmental Biology
Admission requirement for the Faculty of Biological Sciences
Candidates applying via UME to any of the courses listed above must have five credit passes in the following subjects: English language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics at O level examinations such as SSCE/NECO/NABTEB or its equivalent.
Faculty of Business Management
- Banking and Finance
Admission requirements into Faculty of Business management
Candidates applying via UTME to the Faculty of Business management must have five credit passes to include Mathematics, English language, Accounting, Economics/Commerce and any other commercial subjects at SSCE/NECO/NABTEB or any other equivalent examination.
UTME subject combination includes English language, Mathematics, Accounting and Economics
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Candidates who wish to study Veterinary Medicine must have credit passes in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Biology at Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE), GCE O/L or any other equivalent examination. The UTME subject combination is Chemistry, Physics, Biology and English Language.
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Candidates applying via UTME for Pharmacy must have credit passes in the following subjects:
English Language, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology.
Faculty of Vocational Technical Education
Industrial Technical Education
Candidates who wish to study Agricultural Education must have five credit passes to include: English Language, Chemistry, Agricultural Science/Biology/Animal Husbandry/Fishery at SSCE/GCE (O/L), NECO/NABTEB or their equivalent. Result must be obtained in not more than two sittings.
Admission requirements via direct entry
Candidates seeking admission via direct entry must have any of the following requirements:
- NCE in Agricultural Science with at least, a pass in Chemistry.
- GCE A/L pass in two of the following subjects: Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Zoology, Mathematics and Economics.
- National Diploma (ND) or Diploma from any recognized Nigerian School of Agriculture, or University.
Candidates applying for Business Education via UTME must have credit passes in five subjects obtained at SSCE/NECO/NABTEB/GCE O/L to include English Language, Mathematics and any of the following subjects: Economics, Commerce, Principles of Accounting and Typewriting. The credit passes must be obtained in not more than two sittings.
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Public Administration and Local Government
- Social Works
- Political Science
- Religion and Cultural Studies
- Sociology and Anthropology
Admission requirements for Faculty of Social science
Candidates of Economics must have obtained credit pass in Mathematics, English Language and Economics.
Candidates applying to any course in the Social sciences should possess five credit passes in SSCE/GCE or any other equivalent examination in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, and three other social science subjects.
Faculty of Physical Sciences
- Pure and Industrial Chemistry
- Computer Science
- Physics and Astronomy
- Science Laboratory Technology
Faculty of Education
- Adult Education
- Arts Education
- Home Economics Education
- Health education
- Physical Education
- Library and Information science
- Science Education
- Vocational Teaching Education
Admission requirements for Direct Entry candidates
Direct entry candidates to the faculty of Education must have at least a minimum of merit grade at the NCE or a Diploma Certificate in any of the following courses: Education, Music, Religion, Adult Education, Health Education, Social Science Education or Science Education are eligible to be admitted into a three-year degree programme.
Faculty of Engineering
- Agric and Bioresources Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Material Engineering
Candidates seeking admission into the faculty of Engineering must have five O’level credit passes to include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry English Languages and any other science subject.
Admission requirements via direct entry
Two A’level passes from Chemistry Physics and Mathematics.
Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Estate Management
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Geoinformatics and Surveying
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Health Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medical Radiography
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Nursing Sciences
Candidates applying to the faculty of Health Sciences must have credit passes in English language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.Exchange your Bitcoins & Perfect Money for Naira. Get Paid Automatically in 10 seconds.