The registration details for various undergraduate degree programmes that are offered at NDA are provided in the NDA website applications portal, as well as in the JAMB brochure and website.
All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal. Please note that anyone who has working knowledge of French Language will have an added advantage during the application process.
To be eligible for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy, a candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of 5 credit passes at SSCE (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) or GCE ‘O’ Level obtained in not more than 2 sittings relevant to the Faculty of their choices.
- Credit in English Language and Mathematics.
- At least two supporting relevant credits to the compulsory credits in Faculty of Military Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences while that of Faculty of Science is shown in the columns for compulsory and relevant credits. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Be at least 17 years old and not more than 21 years old as at the month of August in the year of entry into the Academy (2018). Note that candidates who desire to join the Nigerian Air Force must be between 17 and 18 years old at entry, and also the Nigerian Army has suspended the enlistment of female candidates in her Regular Combatant programme in NDA.
- Must not be less than 1.68 metres in height for male and 1.58 metres height for female.
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Must also present a Certificate of State of Origin obtained from a Local Government Area or a Certificate of State Indigenship from the Office of the State Governor.
- Any applicant with working knowledge of French Language will have an added advantage.
Furthermore, candidates will have to take very good note the points highlighted below:
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified to apply for the program. Application forms submitted without results will not be accepted from any candidate.
- Only examination results of not more than 5 years old from the date of sitting for such an examination will be accepted.
- Currently, admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only, and is limited to Navy and Air Force in the case of female candidates.
NDA Course Method of Application
Candidates should visit the official website at www.ndaapplications.net and then logon to the application portal. Afterward, the candidate should select “Purchase Access Code” and fill in their details to pay for their application. Payment for the application can be made via REMITA after first obtaining their ORDER ID and REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code in the sum of N3,000.00 only. However, the cost is subject to change and such change will be communicated to member of the public. Candidates should also note that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
Any interested candidate is advised to go online and complete the application on the websites indicated above. Candidates are also advised to download and read carefully all the instructions that are provided on the website. Applicants applying for admission into NDA are required to also apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB), but may not necessarily select NDA as their choice of university. Such applicants are expected to sit for the JAMB Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).
Submission Of Applications
The candidate should submit the applications form online after completion. On completion of the online application, the candidates are required to download an Acknowledgement Form from the portal. Upon release of the JAMB results, candidates are required to return to the applications portal and download their Examination Admission Card. Only candidates who make the JAMB national cut-off mark will be allowed to participate in the NDA Entrance Examination.
All the requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as provided in the NDA website and applications portal. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are also contained in the NDA website and applications portal. The candidate should also note that working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage to applicants.
Only candidates who meet the JAMB national cutoff mark will be eligible to sit for the NDA Entrance Examination at their Examination Centre of choice. the cut off mark does change from year to year, depending on general performance of candidates for that particular year.
The examination will be conducted just like an Entrance Examination and it will be scheduled to hold on dates decided on by the NDA authorities. The date for next year’s examination is Saturday 22 April 2017.
On this date, all eligible candidates are expected to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, their Examination Admission Card, their JAMB result slip and TWO postcard sized photographs to the Examination Centre on this examination date. The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain certain information about the particular candidate, like the candidate’s Name, his Exam Number, his State of origin, his Exam Centre, his Course of study and his Signature at the back. Only successful candidates at the NDA Entrance Examination will end up being invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board after which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Only successful candidates at the NDA Entrance Examination will end up being invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board after which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Nature and Duration of Training
Admitted candidates into NDA for the Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets and this will last for duration of 5 years. On successful completion of training, the graduands will be awarded with a honours degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
Regular Course cadets will train in NDA. All aspects of the cadets’ administration and logistics will be taken care of by the Federal Government.