The online business is wide, providing you with different means and varieties of products to sell. However, many do not know exactly how to go about it. If you are interested in selling products and ideas online, otherwise known as an E-commerce business or the social networking platform that provides services and goods, then this article is just for you, we’ll go over some tools that may be very helpful to you, including the FastSpring software.
Read on below:
Earn money online with a blog
Blogging entails selling an idea, information and lots more to an audience. You have probably heard much about bloggers making six-figure digits and you wonder just how! You must know this; blogging is not what makes you the money. Traffic or influence is what makes you the money. And well, traffic comes with consistent blogging. Here is how to go about setting up your own blog:
- Come up with a name for your website, this is known as a domain name
- Carve a niche. This is what you want your website to be about: beauty, tech, education, etc.
- Write a handful of posts before launching
- Publish your posts
- Make sure you have a consistent posting schedule
- Promote your blog on social media
Here are the different ways you can make sell products and earn money via blogging:
Selling your own products
Monetize your blog by selling your own product
This has proven to be one of the most successful ways to make money as a blogger. Here is how it works:
Concentrate on consistently putting out quality and worthy content over several months, this would build you an audience and then you can begin creating and selling your own product to that audience. Such products could include beauty products, tech products/items, etc.
Earn money creating and selling ebooks
Ebooks take a lot of time, research and energy to write, same with writing and selling a book in hardcopy. Ebooks provide you the opportunity to become an online self-publishing author and yet make some money from it. To stand out in this saturated market, here are a few tips:
Make profound research so as to make your information trustworthy.
Write on topics that are sought after by the market.
Ensure you have a good marketing strategy.
How to get started on your Ebook:
- Outline, write and edit your ebook
- Consider paying professionals to handle some parts of the work, such as creating a cover for your Ebook
- Choose a self-publishing platform. Some include: are Book baby, CD baby, Publiseer, etc.
- Upload your Ebook to marketplaces or sell your book from your own website
Affiliate marketing has to do with earning commissions having marketed another brand/company or their product. There are thousands of affiliate programs online available to bloggers. Many of these sites work by paying you an amount whenever someone from your site clicks on their sites or buys a product from them.
Also, if there is a product you love so much and always recommend to your friends and family, you might want to consider becoming an affiliate.
How to become an affiliate marketer?
To become an affiliate marketer, you will have to partner with a brand or company. There are many affiliate programs set up by websites in which you will then earn a commission of every sale that they drive.
When looking into affiliate programs to work with, ensure you make enough on how you’re getting paid.
How to get started:
If you’re looking to become an affiliate for your favorite company, start y finding out if they have an affiliate program.
You can Google the company’s name and then ‘affiliate’. Usually, companies have this option somewhere on their website
Earn money by selling items on an online store
These online shopping sites provide a platform for you to sell your products. Examples of online stores are Jumia, Jiji, Konga, Amazon etc. All you need to do is register, list your products and then you are ready to start selling. But you also need to be sure if the platform you are choosing will be worth being on. Like FBA is a very popular eCommerce program but you need to know is amazon FBA profitable for other sellers in your niche.
In order to be successful in your business, do thorough market research to determine what products are needed and to what target audience you will be selling to. Choosing to sell a product simply because it is trendy or looks good is a risky step, this is because trends do not last. However, products that satisfy a need or solve a problem are the best. Remember that, selling products online demands work both before launching and after it’s been set up in order to be successful.
Steps to take for a successful e-commerce business
- Do a thorough market research.
- Finalize on what products or categories to sell.
- Choose which e-commerce platforms to sell on. Online store includes Jumia, Konga, Jiji, Facebook and many more where customers can buy from.
- Determine where to get your products from wholesale.
- Ensure you sell high-quality product and content
- Product descriptions and imagery should be attractive and accurate to encourage customers to buy
- Ensure you market your product(s) well to your potential customers in order to drive traffic to your product listings.
Things to Consider when you want to sell on online stores
Most e-commerce platforms have certain conditions that you must meet before you can start selling. These include:
Selling of brand new products (not used or refurbished)
Being an Authorized Seller of a Brand
In the case of sales of branded products, you must ensure you’re an authorized seller of that particular brand. This comes in various forms such as licenses and trademarks.
Selling pictures online
For insta- freaks and other picture lovers, you might find this quite interesting. There are online apps where you can upload original pictures and customers will get to buy from there. While the money is not all that great, it is worth it since you were going to take the picture anyway. All you will need to do is upload the picture to the app.
Examples of such apps are Foap and Fiverr. On Fiverr, you make about $5.
You could take this higher by submitting your pictures to sponsored competitions which could earn you even more lucrative cash prizes.
How to get started:
- Download the app on your phone. This is available on iPhone and Android
- Start uploading and categorizing your pictures
- Wait for purchases to come in from customers