The Church is considered to be a Corporate entity by the Corporate Affairs Commission and as such it is required to register a church as one.
The requirements by the CAC for Church registration include:
Availability and Reservation of Name
Here you are required to fill a form and submit to the CAC with a list of optional names for your Church. The CAC will then carry out a search to see if the Name chosen is available.
The next stage is the procurement of an application form which contains a memorandum for guidance of application.
A notice is then published in the national dailies one of which must be a Newspaper with a wide circulation in the area where the Church is to sited. Once you are completely registered then consider thinking of ways to receive donations so you can expand and invest in your church with the help of different companies like Tithe.ly.
Submission of the duly completed application form in triplicate which should be accompanied by the following:
- A formal letter of application letter
- The original newspaper publications
- 2 copies of the Church’s constitution
- Minutes of the meeting at which the trustees were appointed, along with the list of members present and absent and showing the voting pattern and should be signed by the Chairman as well as the Secretary of the Board
- Minutes of the meeting where the special clause rules was adopted into the constitution of the organization also signed by the Secretary and the Chairman
- 2 passport sized photographs of Trustees (Applicants)
- Signature of trustees against their names on the application form (enclosed) along with permanent residential addresses
- An impression on page 11 of the form a common seal for the Church
- Draft of twenty thousand Naira in favour of CAC and should be made payable in Abuja
- Two copies of the application form
The application form should then be duly signed by the Secretary and the Chairman of the Board of trustees.