This article is about the various colleges, departments and courses offered at Covenant University and requirements.
Colleges at Covenant University and departments
- College of Business and Social Sciences (CBSS)
CBSS Programmes/ Departments
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Demography and Social Statistics
- Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management
Requirements: Candidates who want to apply for the above departments and courses under the College of Business and Social Sciences must have credit passes in Economics and two other Commercial, Social Science or Science Subjects
Requirements: Candidates who wish to apply for Mass communication must have a credit level passes in Literature in English and two other subjects
- College of Leadership Development Studies (CLDS)
- Department of International Relations
- Department of Policy and Strategic Studies
- Department of Political Science
Requirements: Candidates who wish to apply into the above departments must have credit level passes in Government, History and two other Social Science, Commercial or Arts subjects
- Department of English
Requirements: Candidates who wish to apply for English must have credit level passes in Literature in English and two (2) other subjects.
- Department of Psychology
Requirements: Candidates must have credit level passes in Economics and two other Science or Social Science related subjects.
- College of Engineering (COE)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
Requirements: Candidates who wish to apply for the courses above must have credit level passes in any of the following subjects, which are Biology, Technical Drawing or Further Mathematics.
- College of Science and Technology (CST)
Requirements: Candidates who wish to apply for Architecture must have credit level passes in Physics and two other subjects from Fine/Visual Art/Painting and Decoration, Chemistry,Technical Drawing, Biology, Economics, Geography, Building Construction or Woodwork.
- Building Technology
Requirements: Candidates must have credit level passes in Physics with two other subjects from Technical.
- Computer Science
- Estate Management
Requirements: Candidates who wish to apply for Estate Management must have credit level passes in Economics and any of these subjects Chemistry, Physics, Biology and a credit pass in any of the subjects: Geography, Technical Drawing or Building Construction.
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Chemistry- Materials and Polymer
- Industrial Chemistry- Analytical and Environment
Requirements for admission into the above departments are credit level passes in Biology, Chemistry and Physics any other science related course such as health science
- Management Information Systems
Requirements: Candidates who wish to apply for the Management Information Systems must have credit level passes in Physics and Chemistry and any other subject related to Technology or Biology.
Requirements for admission into the above departments are credit level passes in Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Industrial Mathematics Computer Science
- Industrial Mathematics- Statistics
- Industrial Physics- Applied Geophysics
- Industrial Physics- Electronics and Its Application
- Industrial Physics- Renewable Energy
Requirements: Candidates must have credit level passes in Physics and any other subjects from Commercial, Science, Technology and Social Science.
The minimum entry requirements for admission into Covenant University for any course of study are credit level passes in five (5) subjects at the SSCE/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB or its equivalent. This must be obtained at not more than two (2) sittings. The subjects passed must include English Language and Mathematics and other subjects relevant to the chosen course of study. There may be other requirements that may be specific to a College and/or a Department.
Candidates (National) applying to Covenant University must sit for the UTME which is the examination organized by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). The candidate must attain the prescribed cut-off mark.
- Non-Refundable Application Fee
- The application form fee which is N7,000 (Seven Thousand Naira Only) and the Post-UTME Screening fee of N2,000 (Two thousand Naira only) are non-refundable. Payment can be made at these banks – Access, UBA, Zenith, GTB, Stanbic IBTC, CMFB, Keystone etc. The PIN and RECEIPT NUMBER received is to be inputted on the form.
- You can save the application form to complete it at a later date.
- Statement of Purpose
A statement of purpose of not more than 500-words must be written and submitted online during the application process. This statement of purpose should entail intellectual interests, visions, goals, academic and professional objectives.
- Uploading of Credentials
The following credentials must be submitted to have your application considered
- Birth Certificate
- Scanned 2019 JAMB result (Your passport photograph must be clear and visible)
- WAEC or NECO Result (if available)
- Letter of Sponsorship by Parents
- All documents submitted must be in PDF and not more than 100kb
Principal and Pastoral Reference Letters
This is a recommendation letter from persons in positions to appraise your character and potential to learn at the school. This could be either your spiritual leader, teacher, principal or an alumnus of Covenant University. This is submitted online and therefore the recommendation providers are automatically mailed. You also can track whether the recommendations have been received and follow up.
How to Apply for Admission with Covenant University
Below are the steps to be taken when seeking admission with Covenant University
- Create an account
- Log in your credentials
- Click submit
Upload of Required Application Documents
- During the application process, you will be required to upload copies of your credentials. These documents should be submitted in the PDF format.
- The originals of the uploaded documents will be required during the screening exercise. Don’t forget to go to the screening centre without them
- A Passport photograph is to be uploaded. The passport must be in jpeg format and should not be more than 100KB in size.
All information put in during the application process i is maintained on a secure server and therefore remains confidential.
How to Check for your Status of Application
After submitting your Application form, you can always check the status of your application by logging into the portal. However, messages will be sent to your mail as regards your application status.Exchange your Bitcoins & Perfect Money for Naira. Get Paid Automatically in 10 seconds.