Courses Offered in FUNAAB: Full List
You have come to the right source of information regarding the various courses of study offered in Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB). Just as the name of the school indicates, most of its courses are centered on agriculture.
The school has produced graduates that are contributing their quotas to the agricultural development in the country.
Over the years, the school has been taken through various phases of transformation, making it one of the most competitive institutions in Nigeria. The school now offers various competitive academic programs that make it a force to reckon with in the Nigerian educational sector. Its national standard is not iyjn doubt in the least.
FUNAAB offers various interesting courses. While some of the programs/courses have 4 years duration, some other ones have 5 years duration. The school awards bachelor’s degree in the various available courses.
The school was established in 1988, the same year that the four universities of technology were demerged by the federal government. Its sister university of agriculture was established in Makurdi.
In actual fact, the school was established in 1983, but was merged with the University of Lagos in 1984 and it was then referred to as College of Science and Technology, Abeokuta. It however received status of a full university in 1988 after it was demerged.
When it became a full fledged university in 1988, 5 different colleges were introduced on October of that year; they were:
• College of Agricultural Management, Rural development and Studies (COLAMRUCS)
• College of Animal Science and Livestock Production (COLANIM)
• College of Environmental Resources Management (COLERM)
• College of Natural Sciences (COLNAS)
• College of Plant Science and Crop Production (COLPLANT)
18 years later, two other colleges were introduced and they were College of Veterinary Medicine and College of Engineering.
At a later stage, College of Agricultural Management, Rural Development and Consumer Studies got split into two and two new colleges emerged in its place, which were:
• College of Food Science and Human Ecology (COLFHEC) and
• College of Agricultural Management and Rural Development (COLAMRUD)
The newest of the colleges to be added was College of Management Sciences (COLMAS)
Aside the Federal Universities of Agriculture in Abeokuta and Markurdi, there is also another one at Umudike in Abia State, Nigeria.
Full list of courses offered in FUNAAB
• Agricultural Economics and Farm Management,
• Agricultural Extension and Rural Development,
• Animal Nutrition,
• Animal Physiology,
• Animal Production and Health (for example about the right ways to use bulk nitenpyram),
• Aquaculture and Fisheries Management,
• Animal Breeding and Genetics,
• Agricultural Administration,
• Crop Protection,
• Environmental Management and Toxicology,
• Forestry and Wildlife Management,
• Pasture and Range Management,
• Plant Breeding and Seed Technology,
• Plant Physiology and Crop Production,
• Soil Science and Land Management,
• Water Resources Management and Agro-meteorology
• Computer Science
• Food Science and Technology
• Home Science and Management
• Hospitality and Tourism
• Nutrition and Dietetics
• Agricultural Engineering
• Electrical and Electronics Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Mechatronic Engineering
• Veterinary Medicine
• Business Administration
• Banking and Finance
• Entrepreneurial Studies