Canada has one of the best educational systems in the world. Its educational institutions are of top quality and the certificates offered are acceptable globally. If you desire to study for your PGD, Canada is one of the best places to consider.
You will never regret registering in any Canadian institution. You are sure going to get top value for every dime you spend. In this write-up, you are going to learn one or two things about how to enroll for PGD program in Canada.
What is postgraduate diploma?
It is also referred to as graduate diploma. It is open to individuals that have any relevant undergraduate degree and they can pursue a PGD course related to the undergraduate degree they obtained.
Usually, a PGD program in Canada is offered for 12 months. The student is expected to meet up with a number of learning credits in order to be granted the desired PGD.
Some of the courses you can study at PGD level in Canada are highlighted below:
- Early Childhood Studies
- Business, Tourism And Hospitality Management
- Nursing & Midwifery
- Health Sciences
- Networking & Information Technology
- Engineering, both Electronics And Mechanical
- Biological Sciences
There are several other courses aside the above. All you need to do is to enquire from the institution of your interest to find out if they are offering your course of interest at PGD level.
Some of the leading institutions offering postgraduate diploma in Canada are highlighted below:
- Confederation College Of Applied Arts & Technology
- Centennial College Of Applied Arts & Technology
- Seneca College
- Humber College
- Algonquin College
- Sheridan College
- George Brown College
- Durham College
Take note however that here are several other colleges and universalities offering PGD in Canada. The above are just some of them.
The beauty of it is that virtually all the colleges and universities offering Postgraduate Diploma in Canada accept foreign students, including students from Nigeria. Application process is equally very easy and straightforward.
Benefits of studying Postgraduate Diploma in Canada
Why choose Canada to study fort PGD? The benefits you will enjoy are highlighted below:
- The tuition is highly affordable.
- It is less expensive compared to other counties, since you will only be spending one year.
- You will be able to work on part-time. You will be able to work up to 20 hours every week during the session and you will be able to work for up to 40 hours per week during vacation.
- You will have access to real industrial experience through the co-op program included with the PGD study.
- You will be able to start your full masters degree program in any Canadian university of your choice.
- You can get a job in Canada once you complete your PGD studies.
- You can add more value to the CV via PGD studies. Make sure however that you apply to a reputable institution for the PGD program.
- With Postgraduate Diploma in Canada, you will be able to land professional jobs in areas, like creative design, tourism and hospitality, agriculture, medical care and nursing, construction engineering and the likes where highly skilled workers are in high demand.
In order to study for Postgraduate Diploma in Canada, you are expected to have completed any relevant undergraduate degree program. Additionally, you are expected to have scored at least 60% of the total course you took at undergraduate level.
This means students in the Second Class Upper Division or Second Class Lower Division are the ones that can register for Postgraduate Diploma in Canada. Some institutions may also accept students with Third Class degree.
There are however some Postgraduate Diploma programs that insist on the student having 1 or 2 years of work experience before such a student can apply for Postgraduate Diploma in Canada. Good examples of such programs are PGD in Business Administration and PGD in Project Management.
In order to qualify for Postgraduate Diploma in Canada, the student is expected to sit for IELTS and the aspiring student must score minimum of 6.5. The student is required to score 7.0 in IELTS if he/she desires to go into Nursing PGD.
Highlights of admission requirements
Below is the list of requirements you are expected to possess in order to have a chance of getting admitted into Postgraduate Diploma in Canada
- You are expected to have completed a 4-year degree program in a recognized university.
- You are expected to have acceptable grade points too and your grade point must be equivalent to 65 or 70% of Canadian educational grading, depending on the course you desire to study.
- You must provide evidence of English proficiency too in the event your preferred language of instruction during your undergraduate days was English. If you are presenting TOEFL, you are expected to score minimum of 580 in paper-based examination or 80 in internet-based examination. Other helpful information about the TOEFL score for different PGD programs can be found on the website of the particular institution of your choice.
- If you are presenting GMAT result, you are expected to score minimum of 500. This applies to both PGD and MBA programs.
- As hinted earlier, some schools insist that you have 1 or 2 years of work experience, depending the particular course you want to study at PGD level. There are however some institutions that demand for3 years of working experience. You can get further information about this on the institution’s website.
How to apply
In order to apply for Postgraduate Diploma in Canada, visit the website of the institution of interest. Virtually all of them make it easy to apply on their website. Fill the form and attach all the required documents, like your transcript and your IETS score proof.
You may be required to pay for registration fee, which is non-refundable. Such application fee varies from one institution to another.
Note: The instructions given above are subject to change. It is important for the student to pay close attention to instructions given on the institutions website and watch for such modifications.Exchange your Bitcoins & Perfect Money for Naira. Get Paid Automatically in 10 seconds.