Kuwait is an Arab country that shares borders with Iraq and Saudi Arabia. It is located on the Persian Gulf. The official language of Kuwait is Arabic. People seek for job opportunities to Kuwait in search of better payment and better living conditions. Many wonder how they can get jobs at Kuwait from Nigeria. Kuwait has an ever-growing job market that is not yet filled up due to job offers not being met by the right talent. You can follow these various ways below to achieve your goal of a job at Kuwait. Below is a number of ways for searching for employment opportunities in Kuwait.
How to Get a Job in Kuwait from Nigeria
Read on below:
Influence, known in Kuwait as Vaasta
‘Vaasta’ is the Hindi/Arabic word for influence. If you have an influence in your career or field, you can easily be called upon for the recruitment process. You could also get recommended by various companies or organizations because of your work experience. While many might not get the exact job they desire, this can at least get you in the door and employed. This is a very common way of applying to jobs but apart from this a better way which I would recommend is to apply to an
Applying to an overseas recruitment agency
Tap into the network of recruitment companies serving Kuwait’s labour market. This is a better way to get a job in Kuwait. Start by uploading your resume on websites of these agencies. There are many recruitment agencies that would be able to identify the best talent and place you in a job that can match your capabilities and work experience. When applying with a recruitment agency, ensure you register with a government-approved recruitment agency. Most of the recruitment in the middle east countries are done through these agencies. Remember that almost all companies in Kuwait demand a minimum of 3 years’ experience. Example of government-approved agencies are:
Continental recruitment agency
ABC HR or ABC International Placement Services: This agency offers jobs in Kuwait for both blue-collar and white-collar workers. The company also offers jobs for different industries such as Construction, Facility management, Oil and Gas, Security, MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) and other industries.
Alliance recruitment agency: This is another recruitment agency nominated as the first-choice recruitment agency around the world.
- Find out if your previous employer and/or their competitors have operations in Kuwait.
This is another good way of getting a job in Kuwait. Industries are often able to find talents with experience within the same industry much easily.
- Do your research on industries you want to work in, then apply directly to them.
Pick up a copy of Kuwait’s Labor Law handbook so that you know what questions to ask when you are invited for interviews.
Make use of professional websites such as Linkedin. On Linkedin, make sure your profile is updated.
Embassy of your country
This is a good place and way to introduce yourself to some of expatriate of your country living in Kuwait
Websites of major companies
A most obvious market for job is the oil & gas industry, and job offers can pop in oil &gas site. Hence, be familiar with the websites of major companies like Total, Shell, BP, Exxon, Chevron) or other majors contractors like Saipem, Technip. Some of these companies put job offer on their website.
Browse and Surf through the internet
Opportunities always abound. The easiest way to find jobs in Kuwait is diligently browsing for opportunities online. Register with websites that are registered in Kuwait so you can receive job updates regularly. Not all job websites charge for their services.
Try to attend as many interviews as possible
Do not be let down by the initial failures. Some interviews will have written tests, some oral, some will ask you to design. However, almost all foreign interviewers are very friendly and will not make you uncomfortable in any way. If you consistently apply for jobs today, after one year, you will be either be on your way to Kuwait or holding a visa in your hand.
When your employment finally pulls through, below is a summary of the process required before entry to Kuwait:
- Your sponsor will receive a work permit for you (the employee)
- The sponsor will then send this work permit to the employee
- The employee will get the work permit verified by the local Kuwait embassy.
- The employee also needs to get a medical certificate from a doctor (it must be recognized by the Kuwait Embassy)
- If there is no embassy available then the sponsor or employer can also get the paperwork verified by the Ministry of Interior in Kuwait and forward it onto the employee.
- If the new employee is already on a Visit Visa, s(he) will need to go home to obtain medical certificates or obtain it in Bahrain.
- Further tests will be carried out at the Ports and Borders Health Division in Shuwaikh, a district in Kuwait
- A medical examination will be carried out to ascertain whether the employee might have any infectious diseases.
- The employee will need to get residency certificates and security clearance which will include fingerprints taken at a designated fingerprinting department.
- The employee must submit the residence application, then a residency permit will be issued.
- Every resident will also require a Civil ID Card which must be obtained within thirty days of receiving the residency permit. You apply for a civil ID card from the Public Authority for Civil Information office. Here, they will give you details of all the documentation you required. The processing for an ID card will take approximately ten days. The residency permit is valid for two years.
Fields where you can find a job in Kuwait
- Banking and Finance
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Pharma and Life sciences
- Information Technology
- Aerospace & Defense
- Automobile & Auto Components
- Oil and Gas
- Consumer Durables & Building Materials
- Electrical & Electronics
Exchange your Bitcoins & Perfect Money for Naira. Get Paid Automatically in 10 seconds.