The Project Management Professional training-fondly called the PMP training- is training and certification service that is offered by the Project Management Institute to any individual in any field who intends to work in the initiation, planning and management of projects for government and organizations.
The main objective of the PMP training and certification is to create a common lingo amidst individual who work at managing projects irrespective of their field of specialization. In order words, the PMP training is intended to give every project manager in the world common tools, techniques and knowledge that will affect the way they approach projects. These tools and knowledge are delivered to the project manager through the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) framework.
Debates have continued in project management circles on whether a PMP training and certification is worth the buzz. Some argue that the PMP certification models the education system where a person reads, learns and writes an exam. The argument is that the certification doesn’t make an individual a better project manager but with enough creative, determination and discipline, anyone can be good at project management.
Personally, I agree with the opposite. Getting a PMP if not for anything is good on your resume. The PMP after your name indicates that you have project management skills and that will earn you more money. And it gives you credibility for your commitment to the process; aside the networking opportunities in the PMI community.
Why would somebody think that getting a PMP certification isn’t worth it anyway? With hundreds of uncompleted projects littering every state in Nigeria, there is a need for competently trained individuals to manage projects in Nigeria, so a PMP certified project manager will always be preferred to a uncertified PM.
So if you decide to get a PMP, here is how to go about it as easy as A, B, C.
- First and foremost, you will need to learn all you can about the training, test and certification and find out whether you are qualified for this examination. This article and the resource here intend to help you in this regard.
- Find and register with a training center close to you for the compulsory 35 contact hours of project management education. Some well known centers are:
|http://firstname.lastname@example.org||0803 8769 323|
|The Project Management Academy||www.technologybureau.com|
|JK Michaels Project Managementemail@example.com||08033596025|
|http://firstname.lastname@example.org||+234 (1) 8535234|
- After the training, you may need to create an exam study plan before scheduling your examination. Your exam study plan will help you to review the certification’s handbook and read current textbooks in your area or domain of choice.
- At this point, you are ready to take the examination and if you do well, you are about to become a certified Project Management Professional.
If you plan on getting certified, let us know how you are preparing for it in the comment section below and we may help you through the process.
Hi please assist me with the process, am in Delta State- warri.
Also the cost of training for my discipline (Chartered Accountant)
When is the next training.
how do I get started in nasarawa LGA of nasarawa state.
Pls assist with the process and how to get a registered training provider along surulere environs
You can contact
1. Project Management Training Institute
Address: STC Model Academy College, No 105 Clegg Street, Ojuelegba, Surulere, Lagos State
Phone Numbers: 08055652711, 07062035640
Email Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Mayakorp Nigeria Limited
Address: 5 Alhaji Tokan Street, Alaka Estate Surulere Lagos