Ikeja Electic is one of the new power distribution companies in Nigeria after Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) formerly called National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) was privatized.
If you are like me that hates going to the bank or joining queues to make any sort of payment for things such as DSTV, Startimes, or even purchasing Airtime on your phone then this post is definitely for you.
Gone are the days when you have to walk down to the nearest NEPA branch office to pay for your electricity bills. With the privatization of PHCN, Ikeja Electic has made it convenient for customers to make payment for their electric bills thereby reducing the number of customers visiting their offices.
Ikeja Electric online payment is made possible with payment processors such as Quickteller. With Quickteller a customer only needs his Customer Number also known as meter number, an ATM card and an internet connection on his phone or computer.
Ikeja Electric Online Payment Steps
1. Simply power up you computer or use you mobile phone and go to the Ikeja Electric website http://www.ie-payments.com/
2. A page as displayed below comes up
3. Select the Payment Type (Postpaid or Prepaid)
4. Select the Payment Method (Debit Card also known as ATM Card)
5. Fill in your Customer Number (Meter Number)
6. Type in the Amount you intend to purchase
7. Type in your email address (ensure this is correct as your PIN or Credit Token would be sent there)
8. Fill in your phone number (also ensure this is correct too)
9. Finally click on Submit after filling the requirements above
After you click on submit, a confirmation page showing details of what you filled in the previous page is displayed before a final submission is done by clicking the “Confirm Payment” button.
Please ensure your details are correct before going to the next page.
On the next and final page, a Quickteller payment option is displayed where you have to fill in your ATM Card details with your PIN.
Fill accordingly and make your payment.
You should receive your PIN or Credit Token as an Email immediately payment is completed.
Ikeja Electric Customer Care Numbers
For Complaints, you can visit the nearest Ikeja Electric office or contact Ikeja Electic on the following numbers: