Israel is known as the biblical holy land and many of the religious sites are located in this country particularly in Jerusalem. You may want to travel to Israel on a religious visit or you may be going for business or possibly to visit family and friends.
Generally, there are different types of visa and you’ll need to identify the category that fits your purpose of travel. These include:
- Immigration visa
- A/1 Temporary Resident visa
- A/2 Student visa
- A/3 Clergy visa
- A/4 visa for spouses and children
- B/1 Work visa
- B/2 Visitor’s visa
The most common visa category is the travel visa which is the B/2 visitor’s visa. It is issued to those travelling to Israel for holidays, tourism or entertainment purposes. It also applies to those travelling for the purpose of visiting family and friends.
You’re expected to apply for your visa in person so you’ll need to visit the Israeli Embassy in Nigeria. The Embassy is located in Abuja at the address is at Plot 12, Mary Slessor Street, Off Udo Udoma Crescent, Asokoro.
Additionally, you can visit the official website of the Israeli Embassy for more information. Or you can make enquiries via email – email@example.com
There are different requirements depending on the type of visa you’re applying for. We will be providing detailed information on these requirements particularly for the visitor’s visa.
- Your travel passport should have a validity period of at least 6 months after the date of entry into Israel
- The visa application fee is a non-refundable sum of N5000
- You are expected to provide 2 coloured passport sized photographs with a white background and a dimension of 5cm x 5cm
- An evidence of employment or a business licence if self employed is also another important document required
- A statement of account for 6 months showing you have the financial capacity to fund your trip. If the account is a corporate account, you must show proof of ownership of the business and you must also be a signatory to the account.
There are some other documents depending on other travel purposes. For instance, you may need to include your medical report from your Nigerian hospital to support your application if your travel is due to a medical condition.
If you’re travelling with your children, you will need to include their birth certificate which has been endorsed by the Legal Department of the Foreign Affairs Ministry.
It is important that you submit your signed visa application along with these documents. Other necessary documents include the photocopies of your travel document as well as your bank statement for the last three months.
Prior to your visit to Israel, you should speak to a vaccination expert or a medical doctor in order to know what the requirements in this regards. This will ensure you’re well protected throughout your stay in the country.
If you’re being invited by a family or friend, you’re to include your invitation letter along with your other documents.
The information about the host to be included in this letter includes:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Residential status in Israel. If s/he’s a permanent resident, there should a proof of the permanent resident status attached to the letter.
On the other hand, it is expected that your details are included in the letter. These include
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Your length of stay in Israel
- The reason for your trip
- Your relationship status with the host.
The highlighted information should assist your host in drafting the appropriate invitation letter.
If your host is going to be sponsoring the trip, this should be included alongside the other documents. The letter should indicate that the trip is being funded by your and the bank statement of the host should be included as well.
Finally, possessing a visa doesn’t guarantee your entry into the country. For instance, it is expected your passport has at least 6 months left before expiry when calculating from your day of arrival. A shorter duration may impede your chances of entry.
Also, obtaining the wrong visa type may also lead to you being denied entry in to the country. This is why you should meticulously read through all the necessary information provided. You should also ask question when there’s a need to clarify any information.
For accommodation options in Israel go at: https://www.isrotel.co.il/isrotel-hotels/eilat-hotels/