Georgia finds itself in the Caucasus region between Eastern Europe and Western Asia. The sovereign state requires that Nigerian citizens possess a visa before being granted entry into its borders. There are several types of visa offered to Nigerians that wish to move to Georgia.
The visa type will determine its costs as well as the requirements. Each visa type comes with its own difficulty, however, you shouldn’t have any problems getting a visa to Georgia if you meet all the requirements.
In this post, we will go through all the Georgia visa requirements for Nigerians for all kinds of visas.
Georgia Visa Requirements for Nigerians
To get a travel visa to Georgia as a tourist, there are some requirements, you will have to meet.
- You will be required to possess a valid international passport that must be valid for at least six months
- You must fill and sign the Georgian visa application form. Ensure that the form is filled correctly as incorrect information will delay the visa processing or lead to rejection.
- The visa processing fee is required for every type of visa. You must pay the visa processing fee before continuing with the application process.
- A Photocopy of the data page of the Nigerian passport will be required. This must clearly show the photograph of the applicant, the passport number as well as bio-data pages present.
- Two copies of a passport photograph. The passport-sized photographs must be taken according to the specification must also be presented.
- Proof of accommodation must be provided. This refers to the proof of where the applicant will stay on getting to Georgia. This could be a verifiable hotel reservation, however, you won’t need this if the host (Georgia) will accommodate you.
- You must provide proof of your financial capabilities in the form of three months bank statement.
- Proof of flight reservation
- Travel Insurance
How to Apply For a Georgia Visa
- Prepare the relevant documents. The documents you will need will depend on which visa you’re going for.
- Visit the Georgia embassy website to download and fill the Georgia visa application form. You will have to submit the visa application form when submitting the documents.
- Pay the visa application fee. Keep in mind that the cost will be determined by the type of visa you’re going for.
- Submit the visa application form and the documents online or go to the visa application centre to submit them. If you’re submitting online, the visa application form and documents will have to be scanned. Submitting in person requires that you photocopy your documents and bring the hand-filled visa application form.
- Once submitted, wait for the processing of your visa. You could have to wait from 2 to 15 days depending on the type of visa you applied for.
- You could also apply for an e-visa that will save you time. This can be done at the Georgian e-portal.
Beautiful Places to Visit in Georgia
If you’re applying for a Georgia tourist visa, you might want to check out these places before your trip back to your home country. These are some of the best tourist attractions to visit during your stay in Georgia.
Ushguli is a small collection of villages in the Caucasian mountain region of Svaneti. For tourists, this is one of the most incredible places in Georgia to visit. Considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the area is covered in dozens of ancient watchtowers that guard the entrance. You will also find some great meals from the Svan families within the villages.
Lake Ritsa is located in Abkhazia which is considered to be part of Georgia, however, its borders are largely controlled by Russia. If you’re visiting this location, you should take note of the dangers that come with this adventure. The Lake Ritsa offers some incredible views with abandoned buildings that will send a chill down your spine at a single glance. You should stay close to the tour guide if you want to partake in this spooky adventure.
Uplistsikhe Ancient Cave City
The cave-dwelling of Uplistsikhe is one of the oldest settlements in Georgia and it makes for one of the greatest attractions in the country. You could start your tour of this location from Tbilisi then to Uplistsikhe with a stop in Gori. There you can visit the fortress and the birthplace of Joseph Stalin.
Famous for serving some of the best wine in the world, the beautiful Kakheti region is known to be most of the stunning places to visit in Georgia. You can tour the many wineries of the region and get to taste the most affordable delicious wines in the world. When you’re done exploring the wineries, you can enjoy the gorgeous landscapes in the region. You will find the 6th century David Gareja monastery complex quite fascinating.
Kutaisi is one of the largest cities in Georgia making it one of the best places to find out more about the art and culture of the indigenous people. You will be able to learn from history taking a view of monasteries, restaurants, and churches. You can also enjoy trips to impressive locations like the Martvil Canyon. Be sure to take your camera on this one as there will be lots of moments to capture on your tour.
Considered one of the best locations for tourists, you can never go wrong with a visit to Tbilisi. The city contains a charming old town that sits right on a dramatic cliff-side and offers some breathtaking views. Within the city are first-class dining options at affordable prices, quality accommodation, and tons of historical sites to feast your eyes. You will find more adventures when you explore the Kura River. There is a cable car to take you over the river allowing you to get some stunning views.
Mestia is one of those regions that will require a lot of effort to get to but is totally worth the try in the end. The town is located in an isolated mountain region where you will find a unique culture that has managed to remain alive for eons.