Considered one of the most popular tourist attractions in the world, Mexico is one of the best places to experience a diverse and foreign culture. From sunny beaches to ancient historical ruins, there are so many things to do in Mexico. To get there, you will need a Mexico visa, there are a lot of things to have in mind. You will have to get the right visa for your trip and not only that, you will have to ensure you have the right documents so that your visa request won’t be denied.
Right here, you can find all the requirements for a Mexico Visa and the steps to take to go get one for yourself.
Documents Required For A Mexico Visa In Nigeria
- A fully completed and signed Mexico visa application. You will have to take the Mexico visa application to the Mexican embassy to get your biometric data done.
- Passport valid for at least 6 months
- Passport-size color photograph – must be a recent photo showing your full face taken on a white background.
- Evidence of financial status will be required. You will need to provide a copy of the documents that show you’re employed with a monthly income fee of liens over $670. If you’re an investor, a copy of the proof of investments or bank accounts in your name with a monthly average balance of equivalent to $2,000.
- If you have a child under the age of 18, you will have to prevent their birth certificate as well as either of both parents or their legal guardians.
Mexico Business Visa Requirements for Nigerians
- To get a business visa, you will have to be invited to Mexico by a public or private institution.
- You will have to provide your Nigerian passport and it must be valid for at least 6 months
- Fill and complete the visa application form and submit it at the embassy.
- Submit a recent passport photo showing your full face snapped against a white background.
- You will be required to provide an invitation letter that should contain the following information – your full name and nationality, company name of the organization, full address and contact details of the organization or institution, activity or project to be carried out, and date of completion of the activity to be carried out. If the company or person is going to take charge of you during your stay, this should be stated in the letter. For this, they will have to present proof of financial stability.
Mexico Student Visa Requirements for Nigerians
- Student visa application form: You will have to fill and complete the student visa application form and submit it at the embassy.
- Biometric: you will have to take biometric for visa processing. This must be done in person.
- Passport: Provide a passport valid for at least 6 months from your entry into Mexico.
- Passport-sized photograph: Bring a recent photo of yourself on a white background
- Acceptance letter: The original copy of the acceptance letter from an institution belonging to the National Education System must be provided. This should show your full name and nationality, name of the course, duration of the course, and cost of the program.
- Proof of finances: You must provide proof that you will be able to adequately finance the program and living expenses during the duration of your stay.
How to Apply for Mexico Visa
Now that you know all the requirements, let’s jump into how to apply for a Mexico Visa
- Contact the Mexico embassy to set up an appointment. You could go to the embassy directly to do this or do so via their contact options and follow their instructions.
- Complete the Mexico visa application form. Take note of everything you fill into the form and avoid errors as this could cause problems with your review.
- Submit the form and the required documents based on your visa type.
- Pay the visa application fee.
Mexico Visa FAQs
What is the duration of a Mexico Visa?
The duration of your Mexico visa depends on the type you applied for
- Mexico Tourist visa– Max of 180 days, however, you will be only offered a tourist card valid for at most 90 days.
- Mexico Temporary Residence Visa– Valid for one year but can be renewed and extended for up to four years.
Can You Extend A Mexico Visa?
Yes, but how long you extend the visa will depend on the visa type. If you have applied for a tourist visa and you’re given a tourist card of fewer than 180 days on the visa, you can apply for an extension to get the full 180 days. However, the tourist visa cannot the extended more than 180 days. The Mexico temporary visa can be extended from one year to four years after which you will be eligible for a permanent visa.
How Long Does it Take to Process a Mexico Visa?
Mexico visa doesn’t take much time to process, however, the time of the year and the type of visa you’re going for could determine the processing time. Some could take just two days to process which is possible if you’re a frequent visitor. Others could take as long as four weeks and might still be denied. You can contact the Mexico embassy in Nigeria to know about the processing time of the Visa. Take note that 7 working days is not the same as a week. It could translate to a week and a half so you should be very patient after applying. For those applying for the first time, schedule your appointment and application four weeks before your trip to ensure you get a response when you need it.
Does Mexico Offer Transit Visa
No, Mexico does not issue transit visas but if you wish to enter Mexico just to transit, you will be required to have a Mexico Tourist Visa.