There are a number of countries where Nigerians are allowed to visit without visa or with visa on arrival. But unfortunately, Ireland is not one of those countries.
To visit Ireland as a Nigerian, whether as a tourist, student or a business person, you would need to obtain a visa from the Ireland embassy in Nigeria.
The Ireland embassy in Nigeria is located in Abuja at 1, Negro crescent, Maitama District, Abuja while the Ireland consulate is located at 22A, Lugard Avenue, Ikoyi Lagos.
To apply for your Irish visa, you can either choose to apply through the Lagos Ireland Visa Application center which is located on 1st floor, 16, Billings way, Oregun Industrial area, Ikeja Lagos or the Abuja Visa Application Center located at no 38, Lobito crescent, Wuse II Abuja.
Each Visa Category has different application requirements as follows:
To apply as a tourist, you would need to complete an online application form and also submit a hand written and signed letter of application which would include the following information;
- Your reason for visiting the country.
- Your intended period of stay.
- Details of family members currently living in Ireland or other European Union countries.
- A signed undertaking that you would leave the country on expiration of your visa and would completely observe the conditions of your visa.
After filing this form, you would be required to sign it by hand and submit it in person to the Visa application center, along with
- A passport valid for at least 6 months after intended departure date
- Passport photographs (Recent)
- Visa application fee of N13, 500 for a single journey and N22, 500 for multiple journeys.
You would also be required to pay a VAC service charge of N9, 500, 5% VAT and bank charges of N400.
These fees are to be paid in designated banks in Lagos or Abuja, depending on where you decide to process the application.
This is for Nigerians who wish to visit Ireland for business or work related activities including meetings, conferences and trade shows. The documents required to be provided for business visit visa to Ireland include:
- Two colored passport sized photographs (recent)
- Current International Passport valid for at least 6 months after intended date of departure from Ireland.
- A full copy of previous International passports.
- A signed letter of application providing details on:
- Reasons for visiting Ireland
- Intended length/ period of stay
- Details of accommodation when you get to Ireland
- Details of other family members currently living in Ireland.
- The cost of the trip that is going to be borne by you and the percentage which would be borne by third parties.
- An undertaking to leave Ireland upon expiry of visa:
- Travel and hotel booking confirmation.
- A copy of your Bank statement over the last six (6) months.
- An invitation letter from the host country in Ireland.
- Evidence of ties to Nigeria (proof of strong family, social or economic ties to Nigeria).
- Evidence of obligation to return.
For self-employed individuals, you would also be required to provide details of your business and include copies of financial business accounts, tax returns and current receipts.
You would be required to submit the original copies in person and also pay the required Visa fees of N13, 500 for single journeys and N22, 500 for multiple journeys
To apply for an Irish student Visa, you would be required to submit the following documents:
- Letter of acceptance from intended college
- Proof of financial capability to pay school fees
- Private medical insurance
- Proof of living expenses of 3,000 Euros, covering the intended period of study
People applying for student Visas are also required to submit their applications in person to their chosen visa application centers
After submission of Visa application documents you can track your visa application status online.