How to Send Direct Message (DM) on Instagram
The process of sending Direct Message on Instagram is very simple and this piece will take you through step by step process of getting this done.
- Open your Instagram by tapping on the Instagram icon on your phone. Log in using your valid username and password. Navigate to the Instagram home feed.
- If you want to send photo, you can tap on camera tab located at the lower part of Instagram screen. Capture the video or photo. If you prefer to send an already captured photo on your device, tap on the camera button and tap on the preview square located at the bottom-left corner. Choose any image or video from your device
- Make your choice of filter from a list of filters presented to you. Some of the filters include straighten, enhance and blur. Click on next after editing the photo.
- If you desire to add message to the video or photo, click on the caption box at the top part of the “Send” screen. Click on it and click on “write a caption” and click on “ok” to save it.
- The Direct Message function will then open and allow you to choose who the recipient is. You can then click on the receivers’ username or choose from the list of “suggested” contacts list. More than a recipient can be chosen at the same time.
- Next, click on the “Send To #” tab located at the lower part of the screen. Number of selected recipients will be shown to you.