Turkey has the 17th largest GDP in the world. Although touted as one of the quietest country in the world with enough power to do as they please, they seem not be bothered about other people’s opinion about them. Turkey is one European country that catches the fancy of many people – tourists, vacation seekers, business people and greener pasture seekers alike.
Getting a visa to Turkey needs proper information and caution. One needs to be very careful, lest one falls into fraudulent hands. To obtain a Turkish visa, the information below would go a long long way in helping you get the right information.
The types of Turkish Visas
- Turkish holiday visa.
- Turkish business.
- Turkish transit visa.
- Turkish student visa.
- Turkish Working Visa.
- Valid travel document which must be valid for at least three months longer than the expiry date of the requested visa.
- Completely filled visa application form.
- One passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Supporting documents required for the reason for visit (e.g. letter of invitation, travel itinerary, round trip ticket, hotel reservation with payment guarantee etc.)
- Guarantees regarding means of subsistence.
- Visa processing fee.
- An individual applying from a country other than their home country has to submit a valid residence permit or any document that shows they are legally staying in that country.
- Individuals applying for a business visa requires an invitation letter from the counterpart
Once the documents are ready, there are steps to complete the e-visa online application from are
- Go to www.evisa.gov.tr.
- Click ‘Apply now’. Select the country and the passport or identity card you are using.
- Type in the displayed letters and/or numbers given. Then click on ‘Save and Continue’.
- Fill in your intended arrival date. You will then get some information: length of the validity of your visa, when you can enter the country once or multiple times during this period, how much it will cost you, and how you will pay, Press ‘Save and Continue’ to continue or close your browser.
- Fill in your personal data. All fields are obligatory. Press the button at the bottom to continue.
- Once all data has been accepted and you are good to go,you can review the information you have provided. Click Edit if you want to change anything, ‘Verify’ to submit and continue.
- After your application has been submitted, and an email will be sent to you to verify whether you really applied. Check your email. If you didn’t receive the mail in a minute, check your spam folder.
- Click the approve button to verify your email address.
- After clicking the verify email button, the payment page will come up. Fill in the necessary information, and proceed by clicking ‘Make Payment’.
- Once payment has been approved, you’ll be notified that your e-Visa has been sent to you. This is usually not the case. You only received an email with a button to download it.
- Download the visa (in pdf format) straight from that page. Save it on your computer because you will print it out.
- If you are going for business and you need an invoice, download the visa, then press the invoice button.
- Open the saved/downloaded pdf document and print it and keep the document and your passport or identity card during your stay.
Visa Application Process
- Fill your visa application form accurately and cross-check for corrections and affix your photograph.
- Follow the correct specifications of the photos to be uploaded.
- All supporting documents required must be attached. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Application should be submitted at the VFS centre along with the application fees
- Applications can be tracked online
- Passports are collected from the VFS centre or by courier delivery.
- Read the security regulation notices before you visit the Visa Application Centre.
Address: 333 Diplomatic Dr, Central Business District, Abuja.