MTN Data Plans, Bundles and Subscription Codes
MTN Nigeria is one of the foremost internet service providers in the country. The company is a subsidiary of the MTN Group and one of the leading telecommunications company in Africa.
The parent company which is also known as MTN International operates in over 20 countries with a subscriber base of over 232.6 million subscribers.
Currently, MTN Nigeria provides a large chunk of the MTN Group’s subscribers and revenue base. Precisely, the company holds 35% of the market share in the country.
MTN Nigeria was established in Nigeria on the 16th of May 2001 and they currently provide services in over 223 cities in the country. However, their service isn’t just available in cities. They are also available in over 10000 villages spread across the 36 states of the nation.
One of the major offerings of the company is its fast internet services. And as a result of this, the company currently has the highest internet subscribers in the country.
As a matter of fact, you will find a lot of queries on the internet concerning MTN data plans. However, there are certainly many things you need to consider when choosing your MTN data plan.
However there are two things you should obviously consider prior to making your choice.
One, if you’re a heavy browser, you will need a plan that is at least 10GB every month. Because when you consider the frequent downloads and streaming, you’ll surely be needing that much.
Two, if you have a tight budget, you’d be looking at a plan that is quite pocket friendly while offering you the best value.
MTN offers a lot of exciting data bundles and with these wide range of plans; you have many options to choose from depending on your unique browsing needs.
MTN Data Bundles
MTN Android One Plan
This plan was launched for the Infinix Hot 2 phone which was at that time new in the market. However, it is also available to other android phones. The plan offers 1GB data at a very affordable cost of N500 and the validity period is 30 days. To activate this plan, send A1 to 131.
MTN Cheap Browsing
This bundle is particularly ideal if you’re working on a tight budget and you need an affordable data plan. The plan is very pocket friendly at N1000 and is usable on all mobile devices. This plan is valid for 30 days and gives a data allowance of 1.5GB. To activate this plan, text 106 to 131
3.5GB Data Plan
This is another excellent option if you’re looking for an affordable plan. The data plan is a great choice if your 1GB or 1.5GB hardly ever takes you through one full month. You just need to add an extra N1000 to get this plan which is more pocket friendly.
This plan is more cost effective and it is valid for 30 days. It cost N2000 and you can activate the plan by texting 110 to 131
10GB data plan
This plan is tailored to meet the needs of heavy browsers. It is valid for 30 days and it cost N5000. This is one of the cheapest 10GB you’ll probably find in the country. if you want to activate this plan, you just need to text 116 to 131.
22GB MTN data plan
The 22GB is another great option for heavy users of the internet. The plan is valid for 30 days and it cost N10000. To activate this plan, text 117 to 131
50GB MTN data plan
This plan is valid for 60 days and it cost N20000. To activate this plan, text 118 to 131
85GB MTN data plan
The plan is valid for 90 days and it cost N50000. You can activate this plan by texting 133 to 131.
MTN Daily Data Plans
There are 2 options for the MTN daily data plan. You can either subscribe to the 30MB plan if you’re a light data user. On the other hand, if you use much more than that, you can opt for the 100MB data plan.
- 50MB data plan
The plan is valid for 24 hours and the data allowance is 50MB. The bundle cost N100. To activate this plan, send 104 to 131
- 150MB Data Plan
The plan is valid for 24 hours and the data allowance is 100MB. The bundle cost N200. To activate this plan, text 113 to 131
MTN Weekly Data Plans
The weekly data plan is valid for 7 days and the data allowance is 750MB. The bundle cost N500 and to activate this plan, simply text 103 to 131
If you want to check your MTN browsing data balance, all you need do is send 2 to 131.
Please note there’s currently no night or weekend browsing on the MTN platform.
If you’re already on one plan and you want to migrate to another plan, you’ll need to stop the automatic renewal plan in order for you to migrate.
You can do this by texting NOcode to 131 any time during the validity period of your current plan. For instance if you’re stopping the 50GB for 60 days plan, text NO118 to 131 and your automatic data renewal will be stopped.
Below are the codes for each of the data plan from daily to weekly as well as monthly plans.
MTN Daily plans
50MB for ₦100 (code 104);
150MB for ₦200 (code 113).
MTN Weekly plans
150MB for ₦300 (code 102);
500MB plus 250mb bonus for night browsing for ₦500 (code 103).
MTN Monthly plans
1GB (plus 500MB bonus) for ₦1000 (code 106);
2,5GB (plus 1GB bonus) for ₦2000 (code 110);
5GB for ₦3,500 (code 107);
10GB for ₦5,000 (code 116);
22GB for ₦10,000 (code 117).
60 days plan
50GB for ₦20,000 (code 118).
Quarterly plan (90 days)
85GB for ₦50,000 (code 133).
There’s another method to stop this automatic data renewal. You can dial *123*5*1#. You will see a list of options. You should reply with 2 to view your active subscription. Then reply again with the serial number of the active subscription, then you can follow the instructions to stop the auto-renewal.
OLD MTN DATA PLANS: PLEASE IGNORE!
Regardless of how frequently you browse the internet, MTN has a good number of internet data plans that you can choose from. All you need to do is read through the various plans (as explained below), and simply send or dial the specific activation code for that plan. Your bundle plan will be activated immediately, and you will receive an SMS confirming this.
Below are the available internet data plans offered by MTN:
- 30MB plan (N100): This allows you to enjoy 30MB of data for 24 hours. To activate, text 104 to 131. It is a daily plan.
- 100MB plan (N200): This allows you to enjoy 100MB of data for 24 hours. To activate, text 113 to 131. It is a daily plan.
- 750MB plan (N500): This also allows you to enjoy 750MB of data, but for 7 days (24/7). To activate, text 103 to 131.
- 1.5GB plan (N1,000): This plan allows you to enjoy 1500MB of data for 30 days (24/7). To activate, text 106 to 131.
- 3.5GB plan (N2,000): This plan allows you to enjoy 3500MB of data for 30 days (24/7). To activate, text 110 to 131.
- 10GB plan (N5,000): This plan allows you to enjoy 10,000MB of data for 30 days (24/7). To activate, text 116 to 131.
- 22GB plan (N10,000): This plan allows you to enjoy 22,000MB of data for 30 days (24/7). To activate, text 117 to 131.
- 50GB plan (N20,000): This plan allows you to enjoy 50 GB of data for 60 days. (24/7). To activate, text 118 to 131.
- 86GB plan (N50,000): This plan allows you to enjoy 85GB of data for 90 days (24/7). To activate, text 133 to 131.
- 2015MB (N2015): This plan allows you to enjoy 2015MB of data for 30 days (24/7). To activate, text SPB to 131.
- 4.5GB Night plan (N2,500). This plan allows you to enjoy 4.5GB of data for 30 days (9pm to 6am). To activate, dial *102#.
- 4.5GB (N6,000): This plan allows you to enjoy 4.5GB of data for 30 days (24/7). To activate, dial *129#.
- 4.5GB (N2,500): This plan allows you to enjoy 4.5GB of data for 30 days (1.5GB day 6:01am to 8:59pm and 3GB night 9pm to 6am). To activate, dial *120#.
- 7.5GB (N8,000): This plan allows you to enjoy 7.5GB of data for 30 days (24/7). To activate, dial *101#.
- Facebook Weekly for N25: To activate text FBW to 131
- Facebook Monthly for N60: To activate, text FBM to 131
- Twitter Weekly for N25: To activate, text TWTW to 131
- Twitter Monthly for N60: To activate, text TWTM to 131
- Eskimi Weekly for N25: To activate, text ESKW to 131
- Eskimi Monthly for N60: To activate, text ESKM to 131.
To check your data usage: dial *559*2# or text 102 to 131
MTN allows you to roll over your unused data to the next month. For example, if you have 100MB of data left for this month, it will be added to your data for next month — provided that you allow automatic renewal. That is, you must have loaded the subscription amount before your current plan expires.
Note that all the plans work for Android, iPhone and laptop users.
PS. Before subscribing to any of these plans, ensure that the 3G network is available in your area. (If your phone does display 3G or H beside the network signal indicator, this means the 3G network is available). Without 3G, you won’t enjoy high-speed browsing.