Last Updated on
The internet has revolutionized the way we do things in our lives and that includes opening a bank account.
We all have our busy schedules and it would save you a lot of time if you can just click a few buttons online to open a bank account.
The good news is that this is now possible; you can now open a bank account online.
The banking sector in Nigeria has over time adopted the online platform to make transactions between customers easy.
Here’s how to open a bank account online in Nigeria:
- Pay a visit to the website of the bank you wish to open an account with. But bear in mind that not all the banks have this service.
- You will then be required to select the account type you wish to open, for example Savings, Current or Domiciliary accounts.
Individual or personal accounts are usually the form of account you can open online.
- Fill in your personal details and make sure you have documents to back up any detail you fill. Other information needed is your email address, contact address and the location you want.
- Make sure all the details are correct then submit. Verification will be sent to the email address you provided and you can start using your account.
You will however, be required to visit the bank to submit some documents and if this is not done, you might not have full functionality on your account.
Benefits of the new Online Banking include:
- Money transfers from one account to the other even if they are accounts belonging to different banks.
- Real time account balances and instant notifications.
- Online purchase and payment made easy.
- Payment of utility bills online.
The online platform has thus made life easier and you can join to reap the benefits.