Germany is a country known to be well visited all year round by migrants and tourists from all over the world.
It is a country with population estimated to be well over 80 million as at the year 2014, with its seat of government at Berlin, the country’s capital.
The country is well developed with interesting amenities that make their system work. Germany is also well known for the high standard of living of its populace, not forgetting that it is the third largest importer and exporter of goods in the world.
Germany has produced several scientists, Nobel Prize winners, renown footballers, inventors and entrepreneurs.
Germany is also a football loving country with a popular football league known as the Bundesliga, and popular football clubs like Bayern Munich, Wolsburg , Borussia and Dortmund participating in Europe’s top competition the UEFA Champion’s league.
The country has several sites to visit as tourist attractions but as a Nigerian, you must secure a visa to enable you travel to Germany to experience the life and culture in the beautiful country.
There are different categories of visa you can apply for at the German Embassy namely, the Tourist visa for casual visitation and relaxation, student visa for studies and business visa for business related activities.
As soon as it’s time to visit the German Embassy in Nigeria, you can easily locate them at 9, Lake Marcaibo Close, off Amazon Street, Maitama, Abuja and in Lagos at 15, Walter Carrington Crescent Victoria Island Lagos, Nigeria.
Here are documents you need to apply for each visa:
To obtain a tourist visa which allows you stay in Germany for not more than six months, you are required to present the following at the embassy;
- An international passport
- A duly filled application form with two recent passport photographs
- A letter of invitation
- Hotel booking
You could earn a bachelor’s degree in or a master’s degree in Germany, depending on the course you would like to study. A few courses in the master’s programme are taught in English language while other courses at degree levels are mostly taught in German in different schools across the country.
Documents you need to apply for a student visa include:
- All qualifications you have that makes you eligible for the course of study.
- Proof of acceptance from the school you are applying to.
- A valid International Passport.
- Language proficiency test score, TOEFL Or IELTS.
- A report on a recent health examination.
- Sufficient funds around 659-870 Euros per month.
- An online application form which you must print and fill completely, and also include your passport photograph before you submit.
- All necessary letters, especially a letter stating that you would return on completion of your programme.
For a business visa you need to submit;
- A valid international passport.
- 2 of your recent passport photographs.
- A duly filled application form.
- Schengen visa application form.
- Letter of introduction from employer.
- Original invitation letter from Germany by the company you are dealing with.
- Certificate of incorporation of your company here in Nigeria.
- Your statement of financial standing.
- Your pay slip for the past three months.
- Your companies bank statement, evidence of business in Nigeria and tax clearance certificate.
- You must also show your hotel booking or accommodation.
You don’t necessarily need an agent to process a German Visa for you. Most of them just make you pay for a Visas that they have no control over. Just package your documents as honestly as you can and leave the rest to the consulate to decide.