If you have plans to visit France for business or you have heard a lot of nice things about Paris and how beautiful it is, then you may have been wondering where to apply and how to go about the application successfully. This article would guide you to success.
There are various steps you must take and a number of documents you have to prepare before you make the trip to the French embassy in Nigeria.
If you reside in the northern part of Nigeria, it is better to choose the French Embassy located at Abuja for the submission of your visa application but if you reside anywhere near Lagos, the Lagos embassy would be more convenient for you.
The French Embassy at Abuja is located at No 38, Lobito crescent, Wuse 2 Abuja. It is important to bear in mind that the appointment timing at the Abuja VFS center is from 8 am in the morning to 12noon on Mondays to Fridays except on public holidays observed by the Embassy of France, and those declared by the Federal Government of Nigeria. You can also call the Abuja office via +234 09 2913148/49/31 from 8am to 3pm on Mondays to Fridays.
For online enquiries, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; replies to mails are made from 8am to 3pm, Mondays through Fridays.
As for the French Embassy in Lagos, you can locate them at The VFS Global, Manor House, Plot 110 Admiral Ayinla Way (opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Round-About Lekki- Epe Expressway, Lagos.
Submission timing at Lagos Embassy is from 8am to 2pm from Mondays to aFridays except on holidays. When it’s time for you to collect your passport, the Lagos office opens to you from 11am to 4pm on Mondays to Fridays except on holidays too. You can also call them on 01-3427734 from 9am to 4pm from Mondays to Fridays for any enquiries you may want to make.
The visa application documents, requirements and instructions include:
- You must submit your application personally at the VFS France Visa Application Center in Lagos but you need to book an appointment if you are using the Abuja center.
- Go along with clear copies of all original documents including those valid for UK, US, Canada, Japan and all Schengen visas. You would also be required to make two clear copies of the passport data page.
- A Visa application form would be made available to you, which you must complete in capital letter and ensure you fill it with all sincerity. All fields must be duly completed to avoid your application being rejected as incomplete. You can fill the form online and print it on the embassy’s website.
- A visa fee would be charged, which you must pay for your application to be processed.
- Those below the age of 18 would need to submit a birth certificate, a consent letter from parent authorizing the trip and a passport copy of parents or their national identity card.
Documents You Need Include:
- A colored passport with white background and dimensions of 3.5 by 4.5mm.
- A passport valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to arrive in France.
- Proof of employment, letter from your employer, employer’s address and telephone number, your position at work, salary and the date you started at the company.
- A certificate showing you have been approved for leave to cover the period for which you are applying.
For student visas
- You must submit copies of your admission letter issued to you by the school as well as written statements indicating that you would return on completion of your program and all educational documents which would back up your application.
For business visa
- Statement of account showing that you have the funds to do business in France.
Upon fulfillment of all requirements and submission of documents, you can track your application online via the embassy’s website. Articles’ statistics sourced: https://lostsscard.com/what-department-issues-social-security-cards/