If you’re looking to study Computer Science, there are tertiary institutions in Nigeria that offer this course. These include Universities, polytechnics, monotechnics, federal college of education, and many others.
In this post, you’ll discover the list of schools that offer Computer Science in Nigeria, but first, let’s take a look at some of the opportunities in Computer Science. IT Networks – Off & Onsite IT Support Melbourne are always there to help in any kind of IT services.
List of Tertiary Schools That Offer Computer Science in Nigeria
1. Software Developer
Software developers are known to create software programs that enable users to perform specific tasks on various devices, such as computers or mobile devices.
These professionals are also responsible for the entire development, testing, and maintenance of software.
As a software developer, you should have the technical creativity required to solve problems uniquely. Also, you need to be fluent in the computer languages that are used to write the code for programs.
2. Database Administrator
As a database administrator, your responsibilities include analyzing and evaluating the data needs of users. You’re also involved in developing and improving data resources to store and retrieve critical information.
They need the problem-solving skills of the computer science major to correct any malfunctions in databases and to modify systems as the needs of users to evolve.
3. Computer Hardware Engineer
Computer hardware engineers are responsible for designing, developing, and testing computer components, such as circuit boards, routers, and memory devices.
As a computer hardware engineer, there is a combination of skills you need to be successful. These include creativity, technical expertise as well as being quick to adapt to change and staying on top of emerging trends.
4. Computer Systems Analyst
Computer systems analysts are known to assess an organization’s computer systems and recommend changes to hardware and software to enhance the company’s efficiency.
Because the job requires regular communication with managers and employees, computer systems analysts need to have strong interpersonal skills. Systems analysts need to able to convince staff and management to adopt technology solutions that meet organizational needs.
Also, systems analysts need curiosity and thirst for continual learning to track trends in technology and research cutting-edge systems.
Systems analysts also need business skills to know what is best for the entire organization. In fact, similar job titles are business analysts or business systems analysts.
5. Computer Network Architect
Computer network architects design, implement and maintain networking and data communication systems, including local area networks, wide area networks, extranets, and intranets. They assess the needs of organizations for data sharing and communications.
In addition, computer network architects evaluate the products and services available in the marketplace. Computer network architects test systems before implementation and resolve problems as they occur after the set-up is in place.
Computer network architects need to have the analytical skills to evaluate computer networks.
6. Web Developer
Web developers assess the needs of users for information-based resources. They create the technical structure for websites and make sure that web pages are accessible and easily downloaded through a variety of browsers and interfaces.
Web developers structure sites to maximize the number of page views and visitors through search engine optimization. They must have the communication ability and creativity to make sure the website meets its user’s needs.
7. Information Security Analyst
Information security analysts create systems to protect information networks and websites from cyber-attacks and other security breaches. Their responsibilities also include researching trends in data security to anticipate problems and install systems to prevent issues before they occur.
Security analysts also need strong problem-solving skills to investigate breaches, determine the causes, and modify or repair security systems.
8. Computer Programmer
Computer programmers write the code that enables the software to operate as intended by software developers.
The computer science major equips students to master common computer languages used to create programs and to understand the logic and structure of languages so that they can more easily learn new computer languages.
Computer programmers debug problems with existing programs and modify programs as the needs of end users change.
9. Computer and Information Systems Managers
Computer and information systems managers analyze a company’s technology needs and oversee the implementation of appropriate data systems. They need to be able to evaluate software, hardware, networking, and other technology resources for purchase or development.
Since computer and information systems managers hire, train and supervise staff. Interpersonal skills are vital in this role. They must be strong leaders who can communicate effectively with their staff.
10. Project Manager
Project managers in the IT sector coordinate the efforts of a team of programmers and analysts to complete projects. They also analyze technical problems for their company or a client organization, proposing solutions and tips to enhance productivity.
Problem-solving skills and broad knowledge of technology and computer systems help computer science, majors, to excel in this role.
We have compiled a list of the tertiary institutions in the country that offer Computer science as a course below:
1. Adamawa State University (ADSU)
2. Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA)
3. Adeleke University (ADELEKE)
4. Afe Babalola University (ABUAD)
5. Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
6. Ajayi Crowther University (AJAYI)
7. Akwa Ibom State University (AKUTECH)
8. Al-Hikmah University (AL-HIKMAH)
9. Al-Qalam University, Katsina (AUK)
10. Ambrose Alli University (AAU)
11. Anambra State University (ANSU)
12. Augustine University (AUI)
13. Babcock University (BABCOCK)
14. Bauchi State University (BASU)
15. Bayero University Kano (BUK)
16. Baze University (BAZE)
17. Benson Idahosa University (BIU)
18. Benue State University (BSU)
19. Bowen University (BU)
20. Caleb University (CALEB)
21. Caritas University (CARITAS)
22. Chrisland University (CHRISLAND)
23. Covenant University (CU)
24. Crescent University (CRESCENT)
25. Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH)
26. Ebonyi State University (EBSU)
27. Edwin Clark University (ECU)
28. Ekiti State University (EKSU)
29. Elizade University (ELIZADE)
30. Federal University Gashua (FUGASHUA)
31. Federal University Gusau (FUGUS)
32. Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi (FUAM)
33. Federal University of Petroleum Resource (FUPRE)
34. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA)
35. Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA)
36. Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
37. Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
38. Federal University, Dutse (FUD)
39. Federal University, Kashere (FUK)
40. Federal University, Lafia (FUL)
41. Federal University, Lokoja (FULOKOJA)
42. Federal University, Ndufu-alike (FUNAI)
43. Federal University, Oye-ekiti (FUOYE)
44. Federal University, Wukari (FUWUKARI)
45. Fountain University (FOUNTAIN)
46. Godfrey Okoye University (GO)
47. Gombe State university (GOMSU)
48. Gregory University, Uturu (GUU)
49. Hallmark University (HALLMARK)
50. Hezekiah University (UNIHEZ)
51. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University (IBBU)
52. Imo State University (IMSU)
53. Jigawa State University (JSU)
54. Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU)
55. Kaduna State university (KASU)
56. Kano University Of Science And Technology (KUST)
57. Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology (KSUSTA)
58. Kings University (UNIKINGS)
59. Kogi State University (KSU)
60. Kwara State University (KWASU)
61. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH)
62. Lagos State University (LASU)
63. Landmark University (LANDMARK)
64. Madonna University (MADONNA)
65. McPherson University (MCU)
66. Michael Okpara University of Agriculture (MOUA)
67. Micheal and Cecilia Ibru University (MCIU)
68. ModibboAdama University of Technology (MAUTECH)
69. Nasarawa State University (NSUK)
70. National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
71. Nigeria Turkish Nile University (NTNU)
72. Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA)
73. Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State (NPA)
74. Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK)
75. Northwest University, Kano (NWU)
76. Novena University (NOVENA)
77. Oduduwa University (ODUDUWA)
78. Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)
79. Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH)
80. Osun State University (UNIOSUN)
81. Paul University (PAUL)
82. Plateau State University (PLASU)
83. Redeemer’s University (RUN)
84. Renaissance University (RNU)
85. Rhema University (RHEMA)
86. Ritman University (RITMAN)
87. Rivers State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
88. Salem University (SALEM)
89. Sokoto State University (SSU)
90. SouthWestern University (SWU)
91. Summit University Offa (SUMMIT)
92. Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED)
93. Tansian University (TANSIAN)
94. Taraba State University (TASU)
95. Umaru Musa Yar’adua University (UMYU)
96. University of Abuja (UNIABUJA)
97. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (UNAAB)
98. University of Benin (UNIBEN)
99. University of Calabar (UNICAL)
100. University of Ibadan (UI)
101. University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
102. University of Jos (UNIJOS)
103. University of Lagos (UNILAG)
104. University of Nigeria (UNN)
105. University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
106. University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
107. University OfMkar (UNIMKAR)
108. Usman Dan Fodio University (UDUSOK)
109. Wellspring University (WELLSPRING)
110. Wesley University Of Science And Technology (WUSTO)
111. Western Delta University (WDU)
112. Yobe State University (YSU)