Affiliate marketing is a program designed for online marketers who intend to make money from their online businesses. Affiliate marketing is one of the biggest online businesses in Nigeria.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing has to do with an online marketer having his or her own site and sending the traffic (i.e visitors from his site) to the affiliate host so they (visitors) can buy their products or services. For every sale initiated by a link from your site, you earn a percentage, which is called an affiliate sales commission. This article writes on the best affiliate programs that are Nigeria friendly with high commission.
Read on below:
Jumia Affiliate Program
Jumia is a popular e-commerce store in Nigeria and its affiliate program is one of the best you can find around. You can make money through your website or blog when using the Jumia affiliate program. All you need to do is drive traffic to Jumia online store. The first step to becoming a Jumia affiliate marketer is by choosing from their many products that you want to advertise to customers so you make money when your visitors buy from them.
Jumia itself has a great traffic and customer base as Nigeria’s most trusted online shopping destination. In fact, the Jumia website ranks number 8 on Alexa.com as the most visited website in Nigeria.
Here is how to go about the Jumia affiliate program.
- Sign up to become a Jumia affiliate on the affiliate website
- Log in to your affiliate dashboard to choose which product(s) you want to market
- Get promotional material like deep links, banners, feeds from them
- Embed links on your website, email marketing campaign, or on your social media posts
Visitors on your website then make orders on Jumia. Even if the orders are not placed during the same browser session, the cookies and IPs are stored indefinitely so the order will be registered as a sale for you. Jumia will then review and approve the sale.
You will receive commission payouts on the 30th of every month (if your balance is at least N10,000).
One of the benefits of the Jumia affiliate program is that it has an accurate tracking record.
Konga Affiliate Program
Konga is another of the most visited websites in Nigeria and its affiliate program is a trusted one you can opt-in for. There are over 100,000 products you can promote as a Konga affiliate marketer.
Konga affiliate program pays well with up to 9% commission on their products. Although having a website gives you an extra edge, you do not need anything extra to become an affiliate marketer with Konga.
Konga affiliate program is powered by Konga Affiliate Pro, which is a leading affiliate tracking software using cookies and IP address to track referrals. Hence, Konga has an accurate tracking record.
How Konga affiliate program works
- Sign up to become a Konga affiliate by filling out the sign-up form
- Log in to your affiliate account to decide on which promotional material to use
- Embed links on your website, email campaigns, or your social media campaigns
- When a visitor clicks on your Konga affiliate link which is embedded on your site or other platforms, the visitor’s IP is logged and a 30 days cookie is placed in their browser for tracking purposes.
Visitors on your website then make orders on Konga. Even if the orders are not placed during the same browser session, the cookies and IPs are stored indefinitely so the order will be registered as a sale for you. Konga will then review and approve the sale. You will receive up to 9% commission payouts on the 30th of every month (if your balance is at least N10,000).
PayPorte Affiliate program
PayPorte is yet another e-commerce store loved by Nigerians for the quality of its products. PayPorte offers a variety of products including fashion and accessories, fabrics, furniture, home appliances, tech gadgets that cater to wide demography (youths and professionals). This means you have lots of options to choose from as an affiliate marketer with PayPorte.
How to become an Affiliate marketer with PayPorte
- Register for free on their website
- Automatically earn ₦1,000 upon registration
- Log in to your affiliate dashboard to choose which product you want to market
- Get promotional material like referral links, and banners from PayPorte
- Embed referral links on your website, email campaigns, social media campaigns or other platforms
- If any visitor visits their site via your referral link and makes an order, it is registered as a sale for you
- PayPorte will review and approve the sale
- You will earn a 5-10% commission off every sale, which will be accumulated and paid to your bank account
Wakanow.com affiliate network
Wakanow is one of Africa’s leading online travel companies. The Wakanow affiliate program is designed for travel agencies and individuals who sell travel products. Wakanow travel products (flight, hotels, airport pick-ups, tour packages, etc) are highly discounted for sales so affiliate marketers can make a huge profit.
Benefits of Wakanow affiliate network
Wakanow offers great discounts on travel products such as Airfares, Hotel bookings, Airport pick-up services, Visa processing, and great commission for affiliate marketers.
Additional Revenue for Referral
- Affiliates are able to send registration links to others and make additional revenue. The affiliate gets 50 percent of the registration fee each time their referee pays the Affiliates Registration fee.
- You can build your travel business with the Wakanow Affiliate Programme.
Bet9ja Affiliate program
Bet9ja is the sponsor of the popular Bet9ja league and one of the biggest sports betting platforms in Nigeria. Bet9ja Affiliate Program offers members a 50% revenue share in the first month of joining.
How to become a Bet9ja Affiliate marketer
- Register for the affiliate program
- Get your unique affiliate link which you will use to refer people to bet9ja.
As an affiliate marketer with Bet9ja, you will earn up to 20% of how much each of your referrals loses and wins on Bet9ja.