The Nigeria Bureau of Statistics is the agency in Nigeria that is in charge of gathering, overseeing and publishing statistics in Nigeria. If you need to obtain any information about the Nigerian Economy, its population or its people, the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics is the right place to go.
Some of the agencies/bureaus where the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics obtains its data from include:
- National Population Commission
- Central Bank of Nigeria
- National Planning Commission
- Federal Ministry of Health
- Embassies and High Commission in Nigeria
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
- Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
- Federal Ministry of Finance.
The Bureaus head office is located in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja while its website is www.nigerianstat.gov.ng.