Freelancers, data entry workers, website designers, e-commerce experts, and other digital service providers as well as companies in Nigeria who work with clients outside Nigeria use Payoneer to receive and send payments with ease. For the sake of this article, we’ll focus on how to fund a Payoneer account in Nigeria. We’d explain several ways to fund your account as an active Payoneer user, as well as provide some additional information that would prove useful. Let’s dive in.
How to fund Payoneer in Nigeria would be discussed below:
Link Your Payoneer Account to Receive Payments from Employers
Many Nigerians now make a living working selling products in online marketplaces such as Amazon KDP and eBay, as well as working freelance on platforms like Jellyfish, Upwork, and Fiverr, among others. If you are one of such Nigerians earning a living doing the aforementioned, you can use Payoneer to receive your earnings by linking your workplace or marketplace to your Payoneer account. Depending on your situation, you can receive your payment via Global Payment Service, from Mass Payout companies, or from other Payoneer users.
If you earn a living working remotely for companies in the EU, US, UK, or other top-tier countries, you’ll likely receive your earnings through the Global Payment Service. To receive your payment using a Payoneer account, you’ll need to provide them with your unique Payoneer account details in the ‘Global Payment Service’ in the ‘Receive’ section.
If you engage in freelance or sell stuff on online platforms, you’d already know that Payoneer is one of the payment getaways used by mass payout companies. Fiverr, Upwork, Jellyfish, Lazada, Amazon KDP, and eBay are some mass payout companies that have Payoneer as one of their payment options. To connect your Payoneer account to receive payments on mass payout days, do this:
- Visit the website where you work freelance and log in
- Go to the payment options section, and choose Payoneer
- You’d be asked to start registration for Payoneer
- On the next page that appears, click on ‘Already have a Payoneer account?’ (since you already have one)
- Input your email address and password to gain entry into your Payoneer account
- Follow the instructions as stated On the screen
Alternatively, you can copy your Payoneer account details and paste them into the payment details section of the website you earn a living from.
Request Payment from Your Payoneer Account
As an active Payoneer user, one of the ways you can fund your account is to request payments from your clients, regardless of if they have a Payoneer account or not. To request payment using Payoneer, follow the steps below:
- Go to https://login.payoneer.com/
- Input your details and click ‘Sign in’ to get access to your Payoneer account.
- Go to the ‘Receive’ section and click on ‘Request a Payment’.
- In the ‘Payment Details’ section, supply the required information including the amount, description, and due date. You may also attach any necessary files alongside your request.
- Proceed to fill in the ‘Payer Details’ section. In this section, you’d choose if your client is an individual or a company. If the client you want to request payment from is an individual, the information you’d be required to supply includes the first and last names, email addresses, and country of residence. If the client is a company, provide the company’s name, website of the company, country where the country is domiciled, and the email address and first and last names of the company’s contact.
- Go through the information you’ve provided to confirm you made no mistake. Hit ‘Send’ to complete your payment request.
Earn Referral Bonus by Inviting People to Sign Up on Payoneer
Another means to fund your Payoneer account in Nigeria is by referring people to join Payoneer through your referral link. To get the referral link to use in inviting people to join Payoneer, do the following:
- Visit https://login.payoneer.com/
- Fill in your email address and password, and hit ‘Sign in’ to gain access to your Payoneer account
- Go to the ‘Activity’ section and click on the ‘Refer a Friend’ button
- On the next page that appears, you’ll see a unique referral link
- Copy the link and proceed to share your unique referral link on your social media platforms for your friends to see
Whenever someone joins Payoneer using your link, you and that person will receive $25, provided that the person that joins using your link has received $1000 in payments with his or her Payoneer account.
To know the number of times you’ve shared your referral link and the number of people that signed up using your link, as well as how many of them have reached the $1000 benchmark, log into your Payoneer account, then go to the ‘Refer a Friend’ page, and finally click ‘See Your Stats’.
Use Verified Payoneer Exchangers in Nigeria
If you want to use your Payoneer account to send payments online, whether to pay for an ad, pay a supplier, etc and you don’t have enough balance in your Payoneer account to do so. You can use a verified Payoneer exchanger in Nigeria to fund your Payoneer account by providing the exchanger with the naira equivalent of the currency you want your account to be funded with and your Payoneer account details. In Nigeria, some websites and individuals collect cash to fund Payoneer accounts, however, you must perform your due diligence so you wouldn’t give your money away to scammers.
Some verified website exchangers in Nigeria include mytopexchange.com/, ijamexchange.com/, and instandgold.ng/. In the case of individual Payoneer exchangers, go with one which you know has funded the Payoneer account of your friend before.
How to Get a Payoneer Card
If you don’t want to withdraw the funds in your Payoneer balance to your local bank account, you can make use of the Payoneer Card. Not only can you use the card to withdraw in any Mastercard-accepted ATM, but you can also use it for online transactions such as shopping, paying suppliers, or paying for digital ads on platforms such as Google, Youtube, Amazon, and Facebook.
To be eligible for a Payoneer card, however, your Payoneer account must have received a minimum of $100 in 6 months, excluding payment from PayPal, Skrill, or other e-wallets. If you qualify for the Payoneer card, it’s best to order your card via expedited shipping to get your card in days. Expedite shipping would cost you $50 though.