Getting a UK number in Nigeria simply means changing your Nigerian +234 to UK’s +44. Does this sound fishy or questionable? Well, the advent of number changing was for business people who wanted a one time dealing with probably a supplier or a client.
Numbers were then changed to protect the true identity of the person, the changed number is given out but after the transaction, is then changed back to cut off communication.
Although some people use this tip for shady purposes, if you want to change your Nigerian number to a UK one, then you can follow the steps below
- Visit freeuknumbers.comor www.uknumbers.com.
- Click on register and correctly fill out the registration form.
Note: While registering, you will be asked to put your phone number in a box where “234” has already been prefixed since you internet IP would’ve shown you are browsing from Nigeria.
Simply remove the first “0” from your own number before imputing it in the suffix space behind the “234”. For example, if your number is “08012345678” before imputing, remove the first “0” and impute “8012345678”
After imputing, the space would look like this: “234-8012345678”
- Click on Register and wait for around a minute.
- Then check your e-mail, the one you used in registering for your new UK number.
- The mail would contain a number, a pin and their headline number.
- Write them down as you would need those for activation.
- Call the headline number (NOT the new number).
- You would be asked to press the new number given to you; press it.
- You would also be asked to press the pin given to you; press it.
- You would be told that your UK number has now been activated.
- That is all.
To confirm the activation and to know if it’s now working and ready for use;
- With another phone, call the number that was sent to your mail.
- Don’t call it the way it looks; that is, remove the first zero and add “+44”
(If the number sent to you was “080567890416”, remove the first “0” and call “+4480567890416”
- It would/should ring on the number you registered with on their site and that is why you should put your real number.
Note: The service is free and there is no renewal or expiry period.
Also, you can remove, add and change the number(s). Simply log, select “My numbers” and make your desired changes.
The process takes around 4 – 5 minutes and one very good advantage of this is that it saves your loved ones in UK the extra charge for international calls. You can give them the number and they will be charged at local call rates.