The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) is the operational and administrative platform of the Nigerian Stock Market. It was established in 1960 and licensed under the Investments and Securities Act (ISA) and is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) of Nigeria.
Her vision is to be Africa’s foremost securities exchange driven by regulation, efficiency, liquidity and innovation, while her mission is to provide investors and businesses a reliable, efficient and an adaptable exchange hub in Africa, to save and to access capital.
Her major values summarized as TTIP are Transparency, Teamwork, Integrity and Professionalism. Her major function is to offer listing and trading services, license services, market data solutions and ancillary technology services amongst others. It has branches in Lagos, Kaduna, Port Harcourt and Ibadan among others.
The NSE has a Director General but it is administered by a Board of Directors made up of renowned business personalities and headed by a Chairman who is usually an individual of immense business and political stature. The current NSE Chairman is Mr Oscar Onyema.
Major Companies Listed Under The Nigerian Stock Exchange
7-Up Bottling Comp. Plc.
A.G. Leventis Nigeria Plc.
Access Bank Plc.
Aso Savings And Loans Plc
B.O.C. Gases Plc.
Beco Petroleum Product Plc
Berger Paints Plc
Cadbury Nigeria Plc.
Consolidated Hallmark Insurance Plc
Continental Reinsurance Plc
Dangote Cement Plc
Dangote Flour Mills Plc
Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc
Fcmb Group Plc.
Fidelity Bank Plc
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
Honeywell Flour Mill Plc
Lafarge Africa Plc.
Mobil Oil Nig Plc.
Morison Industries Plc.
Mrs Oil Nigeria Plc.
Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Plc
Nigerian Enamelware Plc.
Nigerian Ropes Plc
Nigerian Wire And Cable Plc.
Npf Microfinance Bank Plc
Skye Bank Plc
Skye Shelter Fund Plc
Total Nigeria Plc.
Tourist Company Of Nigeria Plc.
Uba Capital Plc
Unic Insurance Plc.
Unilever Nigeria Plc.
Union Bank Nig.Plc.
Union Diagnostic & Clinical Services Plc
Union Dicon Salt Plc.
Union Homes Real Estate Investment Trust (Reit)
Union Homes Savings And Loans Plc.
United Bank For Africa Plc
Unity Bank Plc
Wema Bank Plc.
Zenith International Bank Plc
Requirements To Get Listed On The Nigerian Stock Exchange
For a company to be listed, she must meet the following requirement:
- Proﬁt of at least N300mn for the last 3 years, with a pre-tax proﬁt of at least N100mn in the most recent year. N600 million for the latest 1 or 2yrs
- 4bn – option 3 for main board at the time of the initial public offering, based on the issue price and issued share capital.
- 0 – 3yrs operating track record of company and/ or core investor.
- 3 years financials and the date of last audited accounts must not be more than 9 months
- Minimum of 20% of share capital must be offered to the public
- At least 300 for equity shares
- Promoters to retain 50% of shares held at IPO for first 12 months. Submission of quarterly, semi – annual and annual statements.
- All financial accounts are to be prepared following the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS)
The Nigerian Stock Exchange Contact Details
Address: The Nigerian Stock Exchange, 2 – 4 Customs Street, Lagos,
Tel: +234 1 4638333-5; +234 700 225 5673
Please mail me the addresses and volume of trade of all the listed companies under the Nigerian stock exchanges with year of establishment. Thank you
How many companies are quoted on the Nigeria stock exchange currently?
Please mail me the addresses of all branches of Nigerian stock exchange.