The Uber business is a lucrative one in Nigeria. Not only have people come to embrace it in cities like Abuja and Lagos, but also derive their income from the business via driving. It is reported that the averaged weekly salary of a Uber driver in Nigeria is between ₦60,000 to ₦120,000. This post includes information about Uber offices in Abuja and customer care line, the Federal state capital of Nigeria and other useful information such as Uber requirements for drivers, for cars used etc
Uber Greenlight Hub
Top Floor, Jabi Lake Mall, Bala Sokoto Way, Abuja.
Monday – Thursday: 9am – 4pm
Friday: 9am – 3pm
Uber Abuja Customer Care Details
Uber Abuja Head office Address
29, Mambilla Street, Off Aso Drive, Maitama (Former American Embassy)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenlights Sessions to book an appointment: Office Hours from Monday to Friday is 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
On-boarding Sessions to book a session: Office hours from Monday to Thursday is 2:30 pm
The Greenlight session is for anyone who would want to sign up to be a driver with Uber.
How to use the Uber app- Customer
Firstly, you will need to download the Uber mobile app from the Apple store or Google Play store. After this, sign up and put in the required details. To get a ride on Uber you have to follow the steps below:
- Open the mobile app
As a customer, in order to get a ride on the Uber service, you have to put in your destination in the ‘Where to?’ box on the Uber app. You will find this on the uppermost part of the screen.
You will then tap on the ‘Each Ride’ option to check the wait time, that is the estimated time for the driver to get to you, the car sizes available and the cost of the ride.
Once you have checked all these, you’ll confirm your pickup location and tap on ‘Request’.
- The rider is paired with a driver
Once you have done the above, a nearby Uber driver would see and choose to accept or decline the trip request of a rider. If the trip request is accepted by the driver, the rider would be notified automatically once the driver’s vehicle is just a minute away from him or her.
- The driver picks up the rider for the rider’s location
Both the driver and the rider will have to verify each other’s names and tell destination in order to reach through, the driver would then begin the ride
- The driver drives the rider to the stated destination
When driving a rider, the Uber driver has the option of using the turn-by-turn directions (this is an option in the app) The benefit of using the turn by turn destination is that it allows the driver to concentrate on reaching the destination while the rider can settle in to enjoy the ride comfortably without being bothered.
- The driver and rider leave ratings and reviews
The good thing about the Uber app is that once the driver and rider have gotten to their destination, they would both have to rate each other starting from 1 to 5 stars.
If the rider also wishes, he could compliment the driver with a tip. This is totally voluntary and in the rider’s prerogative to do so or not.
How to sign up with Uber as a driver
Uber is growing a network of business in Nigeria. As long as you own a car, you can make extra cash during your free time with your vehicle. It is just as easy to sign up your car with Uber Nigeria and become an Uber driver. You will, however, have to meet up with the requirements laid down by the company.
The requirements to sign up with uber are listed below:
The car must have four properly working passenger doors
The car must have a valid insurance policy document
The car must have a valid vehicle inspection report
Other Requirements to Register as an Uber Partner
- In order to install the Uber system in your vehicle, 100,000 km is the maximum mileage allowed on your vehicle.
- Functional air conditioners and radios which are in good conditions have to be present in your vehicle
- Your vehicle model must be a 2009 model at the least
- If providing UberX and UberBlack services, it is required that you have a sedan vehicle
- All drivers must have valid driver’s licenses
- Full-size vehicle (15-passenger vehicles) are not allowed in the Uber service
- Salvage vehicles are not accepted in the Uber service
- Seat belts must be available for all passengers as well as the driver in the vehicle
- All drivers must submit themselves to an absolute background check which all drivers must submit themselves to. This costs about N20,000 and can be paid in instalments.
- Except in the even of riders complaining, your vehicle must remain on the Uber system
- Uber allows only one driver per account
Minimum driver- partner requirements in Nigeria
- Obtain a valid driving license (you can get this from any FRSC office nationwide)
- Complete a safety screening
- Watch a short training video
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Sign up online
- Like an interview, tell about the condition of your vehicle
- Share important and required vehicle documents such as driver’s license
- If you will be adding your own vehicle, you will be required to also upload your vehicle inspection report to your profile.
Other documents required in Uber Nigeria are:
- Hackney Permit Vehicle License
- Comprehensive vehicle insurance including third party and passenger liability insurance
- Certificate of Ownership or contract agreement between the car owner and the driver
- Certificate of roadworthiness – (Purchase Invoice if the vehicle is brand new)
- Tint Permit (if the vehicle is tinted)
- Tax Identification Number ( TIN)
- CAC and GPS registration
- Activate your account
- After uploading all the necessary documents, you can then activate your account
Note: The Uber Company provides an option of linking up with a vehicle owner right on the app