The following is a sample Dragnet aptitude test question for Nigerian job applicants.
This verbal reasoning test comprises 20 questions, and you will have 16 minutes in which to correctly answer as many as you can.
You will be presented with a passage to read, and four statements about that passage. You must select two statements of the following answers:
You will have to work quickly and accurately to perform well in this test. If you don’t know the answer to a question, leave it and come back to it if you have time.
Try to find a time and place where you will not be interrupted during the test. When you are ready, begin the test.
The merits of single-sex education have long been debated in the United States, where demand for single-sex schools is on the rise. Title IV, a 1972 law prohibiting sex discrimination in education, was amended in 2006, allowing for the establishment of single-sex state schools so long as a coeducational alternative is available. While critics view single-sex schools as discriminatory and inadequate preparation for adult life, advocates claim that children, and particularly girls, benefit from a single-sex education. American research shows that girls attending single-sex schools have higher self-esteem, participate more in class, and score higher on aptitude tests than their counterparts in co-educational schools. A 2005 study revealed that both girls and boys attending single-sex schools spent more time on homework and had less disciplinary problems. Single-sex schools subvert stereotypical course-taking patterns and results. Advocates of single-sex schooling argue that educators can teach more effectively by tailoring their tuition to reflect current research about gender-based brain development. Many experts, however, believe that research into single-sex education is inconclusive, and that so long as the education provided is gender-fair, both girls and boys can thrive in a co-educational environment.
Q1 Which two of these options must be true?
- Girls in single sex school perform better in sciences than those in co-educational schools
- This trend towards America single sex education is arelatively recent phenomenon
- Research into single-sex is inconclusive
- Demand for single-sex schools is on the rise
Q2 Which two of these options must be true?
- Proponents of single-sex education believe there are different learning styles exist between genders
- The Usual course taking patterns are avoided in single sex schools
- The amended law in 2006 allow only the existence of single sex schools
- Single sex schools provide inadequate preparation for adult life
Q3 Which two of these options must be true?
- The only advantage for boys in single sex education is improved discipline
- Girls in single sex schools have higher self esteem than their counterparts in co-educational school
- There are more beliefs than actual conclusions in this passage
- 1972 law prohibits educational discrimination
Q4 Which two of these options must be true?
- Single sex education re-inforcespre existing gender stereotypes.
- There are more single-sex schools than co-educational schools.
- Claims exist for girls benefiting from a single sex education
- Experts believe that any gender can thrive in a co-educational system
The United States’ space programme is at a critical juncture. Between 1971 and 2011, spending on space has declined from 5% of the federal budget to 0.5%. The US government recently announced it has cancelled its Constellation human spaceflight programme, which was intended to provide transportation to the International Space Station (ISS). Instead, NASA will shift its emphasis to developing new technologies and commercializing space flight. NASA will outsource its transportation to the ISS – a move designed to dramatically reduce launch costs. Five private companies – nearly all of which are headed by internet entrepreneurs – are sharing $50 million of federal funds to develop cargo spacecraft. NASA’s new vision has not been met by enthusiasm from all quarters, with critics calling it the death knell of America’s former supremacy in space travel. Politicians whose states are losing out on jobs as a result of NASA’s cancelled programmes have been among the most vocal critics. With entrepreneurs racing to achieve human spaceflight, the next American to land on the moon could be a commercial passenger rather than a NASA astronaut.
Q5 Which two of these options must be true?
- NASA aims to save money by outsourcing transport to the International Space
- Station Travels to the International Space Station will now be prioritised
- More than 5 private companies are into the privitisation bid
- NASA is now solely concerned with developing new technologies
Q6 Which two of these options must be true?
- The five companies’ federal funds are using internet technology to develop
- Due to the change in U.S space programs many states are losing out on jobs
- America has lost its former supremacy in space travel
- The privitisation plan was executed to reduce cost
Q7 Which two of these options must be true?
- NASA’s new direction marks the end of American leadership in space
- American’s now land on moon as commercial passenger
- The federal funds are used to develop cargo space aircraft
- NASA’s new vision has not been met by enthusiasm
Q8 Which two of these options must be true?
- The U.S government recently announced plans to reduce its space programme
- No more constellation human space flight by the government
- With NASA’s new project, commercial space travel could be a possibility
- NASA will be in charge of cargo spacecraft development
Biologics, which are medical products created from living organisms or their products, are at the cutting edge of biomedical research. While the term biologics includes a wide array of medical products such as vaccines and antitoxins, it most often refers to medications made using biologhical processes. Unlike chemically produced drugs, biologics are produced using biotechnologies And consist of natural materials- such as proteins, cells, and tissues-deriving from humans, animals or microorganisms. Biologics have revolutionized a number of medical disciplines, in particular rheumatology and oncology, offering pioneering treatments for previously untreatable conditions. Some experts predicts that biologics will comprise half of the prescription drug market by 2020. However, the high cost of these medicines has raised pharmacoeconomic concerns- especially as many of these drugs are used to treat chronic conditions. Whereas conventional medicines have a maximum of five year’s exclusivitybefore cheaper versions come to market, no such regulation exist for biologics. The generics industry wants to introduce similar regulations for biologics, and Advocates believe the availability of biosimilars could result in savings of 30% for Healthcare providers. Biotechnology companies, however, are arguing for a minimum twelve-year period of exclusivity, to ensure a return on their investment.
Q9 Which two of these statements must be true?
- It takes longer for a biotechnology company to recoup its investment than a conventional pharmaceutical company
- Biologics medicines are prescribed primarily in the fields of rheumatology and oncology
- A biologic is not necessarily a vaccine or antitoxin
- Biologics are made using different technology than conventional medical products
Q10 Which two of these statements must be true?
- Biologics have produced cures for previously untreatable conditions.
- Manufacturers of generic medicines want to introduce generic biosimilars
- Biotechnology companies are fighting to retain a monopoly on their biologics
- The biotechnology industry is emphasising profit over patient well-being
Q11 Which two of these statements must be true?
- Patients would benefit economically from the introduction of generic biologics
- Twelve years represents the minimum amount of time needed for a biologic to break even
- Biologics have had a profound effect on treatment available for certain disease
- Biologics represent less than half of the medications prescribed today
Q12 Which two of these statements must be true?
- Because they come from natural sources, biologics are healthier than conventional pharmaceuticals.
- The length of proposed exclusivity period on biologics is a contentious issue
- Critics oppose biologics on the grounds of cruelty to animals
- The development of a new biologic requires a high level of investment
The democratic peace theory holds that liberal democracies never, or rarely, go to war against each other. The first to espouse this idea was the German philosopher Immanuel Kant, who posited that constitutional republics engender peace, because the majority of people will not vote to go to war unless in self-defence. More recently, the democratic peace theory was put forth in 1964 by Dean Babst. Babst carried out the first statistical research to scientifically prove that democracies never or rarely fight each other. Despite an undeniable statistical correlation between democracy and peace, the democratic peace theory is highly debated amongst political scientists. The definitions of “democracy” and “war” are one contentious issue. Some opponents of the democratic peace theory point to exceptions, such as the Spanish-American War. However, the main criticism of the theory is that it is based on flawed logic – that peace between democracies is not caused by the democratic nature of those states. Furthermore, opponents argue that democracies frequently attack non-democracies, dispelling the notion that democracies are inherently pacifistic. There are several derivatives of the democratic peace theory, including the economic peace theory, which states that increased economic exchange between states helps to avoid conflict.
Q13 Which two of these statements must be true?
- Kant’s theory about democratic peace was based on his scientific research
- Democratic peace theory is based on democracy
- Several derivatives of the democratic peace theory exist
- The correlation of democracy and peace help reduce debate amongst scientist
Q14 Which two of these statements must be true?
- The definition of peace is divisive amongst political scientists.
- In 1964, Babst carried out the first research to prove democratic peace theory
- The main criticism on the theory is its flawed logic
- Economic Peace Theory states that increased economic exchange help avoid conflict
Q15 Which two of these statements must be true?
- The first to espouse the idea of democratic peace was a French philosopher,
- Kant According to Kant majority will vote to go to war unless in self defence
- The Spanish American war was cited to down play the effectiveness of democratic peace theory
- Opponents argue on the frequent attacks on non-democracies by democracies
Q16 Which two of these statements must be true?
- Democracies do not fight in war according Dean Babst found statistical evidence
- The main derivatives of the democratic peace theory is the economic peace theory
- No consensus was arrived at to determine the best position
- Liberal democracies never, or rarely, go to war against each other
The debate over the British Museum’s Parthenon sculptures, also called the Elgin Marbles, has run for nearly two centuries. Marble statues were removed – with official permission – from the ruins of the Parthenon in 1801 by Lord Elgin, the British Ambassador to the Ottoman Empire. He sold these ancient Greek treasures to the British Museum in 1816, where they have been housed ever since. Today, five million visitors from around the world visit the sculptures, free of charge, at the British Museum. Since gaining independence in 1830, however, the Greek government has argued for their return to Athens. Historically, the Hellenic position centred on ownership, claiming that Lord Elgin bribed authorities to acquire the marbles illegally. The counterargument is that Lord Elgin saved these classical treasures from neglect. Greece no longer disputes the British Museum’s ownership, but states that the sculptures should be loaned to the New Acropolis Museum in Athens, where they would be reunited with other surviving sculptures and displayed in their proper geographic and cultural context. Despite public sympathy for the return of the Elgin marbles, the British Museum believes that the Parthenon marbles are part of shared world heritage and thus should be widely accessible. Furthermore, returning the Parthenon statues would set a precedent for returning other artefacts to their land of origin.
Q17 Which two of these statements must be true?
- The British Museum believes that the Parthenon sculptures transcend national boundaries.
- Prior to 1830, Greece was part of the Ottoman Empire.
- There is public sympathy for the return of the Elgin marbles.
- Lord Elgin did not sell the sculptures but saved it by donation to British museum
Q18 Which two of these statements must be true?
- Lord Elgin bribed authorities to acquire the Parthenon sculptures. Elgin
- Marbles debate has lasted for closely twenty years.
- Pathenon marbles were removed autocratically by Lord
- Elgin The Creek gained independence in 1803
Q19 Which two of these statements must be true?
- The British public cannot understand why the Greek government want the marbles returned
- Today, five million Greeks visit the sculptures, free of charge at British museum
- Greece now wants the sculptures on loan
- Greece no longer disputes the British Museum’s ownership
Q20 Which two of these statements must be true?
- Parthenon surviving marble are divided between the British and the New Acropolis Museum.
- Greeks believe that the Elgin Marbles technically do not belong to the British
- Museum Greece did not give a time frame for the loan of the sculptures
- Yielding to the Greece demands may set precedence for other artefacts return
For answers to these questions, and for additional questions and answers on other aptitude test types, click here to get the bonus package.
18M+ of FBS traders made money work for them. Start trading too with FBS, a trusted broker for 12 years. Dive into the market easily with a no-deposit $50 Bonus (available for Nigeria) and turn a free $50 into real profit up to $500! Trade Forex, crypto, stocks, & more assets. Start earning now!