Bolt is an organization that offers fast and affordable rides to customers. Drivers on Bolt are their own bosses as they get to decide at what schedule they want to work while earning a good amount of money. If you are looking to earn extra money besides your regular job or make this your source of income by simply driving for a few hours on a weekly basis? Then you should consider becoming a full-time Bolt driver. An average Bolt driver is reputed to earn approximately N120, 000 per week? This article covers all you need to know about becoming a Bolt driver in Nigeria.
Read on below:
Bolt company requires that every Bolt driver in Nigeria meets a minimum age requirement and possess some valid documents.
- Every driver must hold a valid driver’s license
- It is mandatory that every prospective Bolt driver attends training for service quality and to learn how to use the Bolt driver application
- Every driver must have a smartphone with GPS
- Every prospective driver must have a clean criminal record
- Additional documents required for submission for Lagos Bolt drivers are LASDRI Card, Driver Badge, LASRRA Card, State Hackney Permit, and a vehicle body tag for all routes
- Vehicle: Only vehicles manufactured in 2003 or later models. A vehicle must have four doors with no cosmetic injury. It must have a functional air conditioner.
- Vehicle license
- Insurance certificate
- Proof of ownership
- Certificate of road-worthiness
- AutoGenius Vehicle Inspection Report
How to Become a Bolt Driver in Nigeria
Once you have all of the documents, the next step is to sign up on the Bolt website. You will start by registering your details, after which you will be sent a mail with all the necessary information on upcoming training and documents inspection.
How to Register your profile
- Go to the driver sign up page to register
- If you have three or more vehicles, you can register as a fleet owner
- Once you have completed your registration and your documents have been verified, you will receive a mail that contains an invitation to attend an onboarding session.
Once your registration is completed on the Bolt website, your vehicle has to be inspected and certified by any of the Bolt registered inspection centers. Bolt Company does not joke with service quality and in order to ensure excellence in service and car conditions, the company makes sure every vehicle joining the group is certified safe and comfortable for use. You can visit a listed AutoGenius facility on the website to conduct your Bolt inspection. The Vehicle inspection checks for the following aspects:
- Brakes and Suspension: The inspection facility checks the condition of shocks, park light engagement, grinding noise and vehicle alignment
- Functionality: This to ensure components of the cat such as Brake lights, turn indicators, dashboard electrical components and headlights are functioning well
- Electrical components functionalities: The inspection facility checks for the negligible components such as Air conditioner, floor & foot mat condition, car horn, mirrors & adjustment, windscreen wipers (noise-free), vehicle stereo
- The car must be odour free
- Fluid level check: All car fluids such as Brake fluid, engine coolant, windshield washer fluid, automatic transmission fluid, cabin air filter, and power steering fluid are checked to ensure they are filled appropriately
- Safety check: Car items such a Fire extinguisher, hazard warning triangle, jack & accessories and spare tyre is checked for emergency cases
- Cosmetic check: The car interior must be clean, comfortable and contain all safety features. The car exterior and body must be free of scratches & dents. There must be no windshield or window cracks, external mirror cracks, the trunk must open and close freely
- Tyre check: The tyre pressure and thread pattern must match
The Inspection center is at liberty to check for any other car defects. Vehicle inspections are carried out on Mondays to Saturdays, from 9-7p.m. Inspection costs about ₦2000 per vehicle. You can schedule an appointment or simply visit the center location. You can get it done at any nearest inspection location to you. You must ensure your vehicle is in good condition before visiting the inspection center. If your vehicle falls below standard for any of the parameters, it will not be accepted on the Bolt platform. Upon completion of the vehicle inspection, you will receive an email with your AutoGenius Vehicle Inspection Report. The inspection report is valid for 6 months.
To complete your signup successfully, you will need to attend a physical onboarding session with different locations, depending on your city of operation. The locations are listed on the Bolt website. You must bring the following necessary documents along when going for the Onboarding session with Bolt.
- Vehicle license
- Insurance Certificate
- Proof of Ownership
- Certificate of Road-Worthiness
- AutoGenius Vehicle Inspection Report
- Additional Documents for Lagos: State Hackney Permit and a Vehicle Body Tag for all routes.
- Go to Bolt Youverify identity verification portal
- Click Request verification button to request verification
- Provide your email, phone number, and location to begin the process
After your vehicle has been inspected at the Bolt inspection center, the next is completing your compulsory training. The Bolt training can be started and completed at the comfort of your own home. You will watch video training online and have to pass two tests. Upon successfully completing the training and tests, it usually takes about four hours to get your account ready.
Download Bolt Driver app and start as a Bolt driver
The final step is to download the Bolt Driver app on your smart device. The Bolt app is adaptable to both android and iOS devices. To begin using the app, log in with your chosen username and password. Your log-in details will be sent directly to your email after your driver application has been approved.
Bolt drivers must meet certain requirements to become a driver:
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Attend driver training for service quality and use of the Bolt driver application
- Additional Documents for Lagos: LASDRI Card, Driver Badge and LASRRA Card.
Becoming a Bolt driver is a process that is made easy through the structures already put in place by the organization. You can start earning your own money by following these easy steps.