Ibadan is not only a historical city, known for its ancient roots in Yoruba culture. Even in modern times, Ibadan is a developing city with companies and industries, both international and domestic. There is however still a large population of youths who are in need of jobs. This article has put together a list of daily paying jobs to find in Ibadan.
Read on below:
You can get a job as a private teacher or at a lesson centre for young school leavers preparing for their final secondary school examinations. Many teaching jobs pay per day and you will find them to be stable too, especially during examination periods and school sessions. Qualifications for a daily teaching job include:
- Applicant must demonstrate skills and Good communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ed in the relevant discipline
- Applicant must have relevant work experience.
- Applicant must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service Corps program
- Applicant must be knowledgeable at lesson planning, teaching and assessment.
- A good work ethic is essential
A Sales Representative’s job involves discovering and pursuing sales prospects to help improve business activities. A Sales Representative is responsible for making sales while maintaining customer satisfaction. Many Sales Representative jobs are paid daily. The work of a Sales Representative include:
Cold calling or visiting new clients depending on the type of business
A marketer is responsible for delivering results in regards to customer prospects. He or she must come up with appropriate solutions for customers so as to boost the revenue of the company. A market’s primary responsibility is customer acquisition and profit-making by promoting the company’s products and services. In some businesses, marketers get paid daily.
Requirements for Marketers
A prospective marketer must be highly competitive, ambitious and have the drive to promote a product or business.
Promoting the company’s products and services and increasing the company’s clientele base. Educational Requirements
A prospective marketer must have a minimum education qualification of an OND Certificate
Personal Assistant/ Secretary job
A personal secretary or assistant is a first-hand man to a personnel such as an entrepreneur, celebrity or someone in any other capacity. As a personal secretary or assistant, your job requirements include:
- Offering administrative support
- Answering phone calls
- Welcoming and screening visitors
- Make appointments
- Send and receive messages
- The receptionist is also obliged to take on other purposes as prescribed by the employer.
Below are the daily requirements for a Cybercafe attendant:
- Ensure that all Cybercafe users are provided with the appropriate solutions and equipments
- Help provide basic computer or internet assistance
- Help print or scan documents and other activities as prescribed by the employer
- Help manage the day-to-day activities.
- Prepare daily records of operation
- Prepare comprehensive account report after-sales
Requirements of a Prospective Cybercafe attendant
A prospective Cybercafe attendant must have organizational skills
He/she must be computer literate
He/she must be able to handle financial accounts
He/she must be polite and smart
Cashier Clerk Job Description
The primary responsibility of a cashier clerk is to handle all transactions of an organization. A cashier clerk can work in different settings such as a store, cafeteria, gas station, or any other business that makes cash transactions. Cashiers often have flexible work schedules to include nights, weekends and holidays. Most cashier clerks work part-time, which makes it an ideal job for anyone looking for a daily job.
Requirements of a Cashier clerk
Cashier clerks deal mainly with money which makes this job ideal for those who are good at handling money.
A cashier clerk must be able to deliver excellent customer service.
A Dispatch Rider performs the following functions and roles:
- Inform customers about items; such as availability of items
- Contacting customers to verify the delivery address
- Answering questions on items and delivery
- Prompt pick up and delivery of items.
- Collection of money for items upon delivery to the customer.
Requirements of a Dispatch rider
- A minimum of Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Proven experience as a dispatch rider or relevant position.
- Familiarity with relevant routes in Ibadan
- Must be a skilled rider.
Cleaner Job Description
A Cleaner is responsible for keeping offices, homes, hotels or other public areas clean. The job of a cleaner varies from one duty post to the other. However, some of the main duties include:
Sweeping, mopping and vacuuming floors
Dusting countertops, ceilings and furniture
Washing and sanitizing bathrooms, kitchens or other public areas.
Cleaners are also responsible for performing routine checks on spaces such as restrooms to ensure cleanliness.
Driver Job Description
The responsibilities of a driver include:
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of the vehicle
- Planning each route based on road and traffic condition
- Managing payments (for public vehicles)
- Maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the vehicle
- In order to be considered for the role of a driver, you must have the following requirements:
- Have a valid driver’s license
- A clean past driving record with no traffic violations or crimes.
- Be an expert driver who knows how to use navigation apps to determine the best routes
- Must be timely
- Must be safety conscious
Below are the roles of a security personnel
Ensure the safety of properties and personnel by patrolling
Monitor the use of equipment
Inspect buildings, equipment, and access points
Permit entry of visitors into the building or compound
Responsible for sounding alarms
Prevent loses and damages by reporting any irregularities to the right authority
informing violators of policy and procedures
I.T technicians are responsible for the diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of hardware and software components of a computer. In many cases, I.T technicians are paid daily according to the work done that particular day. Responsibilities of IT technicians include:
Installing and configuring computer hardware
Providing IT support within a company.
Many modern households employ the services of a cook to prepare their meals due to busyness. Cooks are responsible for preparing food that is cooked to the specifications of the customer, this invariably means that a cook must know how to cook well. Below are the responsibilities of a cook:
Ensure food is well cooked
Ensure ingredients used are fresh
Maintain a clean work area by washing utensils, equipment and dishes
Handle and store food properly