In this post, you will learn about the political parties in the country and their ideologies or slogan.
Nigerian Political Parties and Their Slogans
1. Accord (A)
Accord is one of the political parties in Nigeria registered by the Independent National Electoral Commission. The ideologies of the party are corporatism, populism, and capitalism. The current chairman of Accord is Honourable Mohammad Lawal Nalado.
2. Action Alliance (AA)
Formerly known as the National Mass Movement of Nigeria (NMMN), now called Action Alliance, the party is one of the parties registered by INEC.
The party’s vision is to empower Nigerian youths and women and the current national chairman of AA is Barrister Udeze Kenneth
3. Advanced Congress of Democrats (ACD)
Established in March 2006, Advanced Congress of Democrats is one of the notable political parties in the country.
The party is primarily composed of former PDP members who were not in support of the proposed constitutional amendment that would allow former president Olusegun Obasanjo seek for a third term in office.
A faction of ACD would later merge with a faction of the Alliance for Democracy (ACD) to form the Action Congress. The current Chairman of ACD is Peter Blavo.
4. Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN)
ACPN is one of the political parties in Nigeria. The national chairman is Alhaji Ganiyu. O. Galadima.
5. African Democratic Congress (ADC)
African Democratic Congress is one of the registered political groups in Nigeria. The current national chairman is Chief Ralph Okey Nwosu.
6. Action Democratic Party (ADP)
Action Democratic Party is also called God’s own party and the national chairman is Engineer Yabayi .V. Sani.
7. All Grand Alliance Party (AGAP)
AGAP is another political party in Nigeria registered by INEC. The national chairman is Engineer Okey Chikwendu.
8. African Peoples Alliance (APA)
The motto of APA is peace, unity, and development. The national chairman of the party is Emmanuel Urhuarhovie.
9. All Progressives Congress (APC)
The APC is one of the most popular political parties in the country. The party was registered by INEC on the 31st of July 2013. It was formed on the 6th of February, 2013.
The party is the product of the alliance of three biggest opposition parties; Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), and Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), and a faction of All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA).
The current national chairman of APC is Chief John Odigie Oyegun.
10. Advanced People Democratic Alliance (APDA)
APDA is one of the INEC-registered political parties in the country. The national chairman is Mohammed Shittu Kabiru.
11. All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA)
The All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) is one of the political parties in the country. The ideology of the party includes nationalism, decentralization of power, and restructuring the nation.
APGA was founded by Chief Chekwas Okorie and registered in 2002. During the 2003 Presidential elections, the late Biafran warlord, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu was the party candidate.
The current National Chairman of APGA is Dr. Victor Ikechukwu Oye.
12. Action People’s Party (APP)
African Peoples Party is one of the registered political parties in Nigeria. The party chairman is Ikeagwuomu Onyinye.
13. Better Nigeria Progressive Party (BNPP)
Better Nigeria Progressive Party BNPP is another political party in Nigeria. It was re-registered in 2016 and the National Chairman is Professor Godswill Iheanyichukwu Nnaji.
14. Democratic Alternative (DA)
Democratic Alternative is one of the oldest political parties in the country. It was re-registered by INEC in 2016.
15. Abundant Nigeria Renewal Party (ANRP)
Abundant Nigeria Renewal Party (ANRP) was founded on the 16th of December 2016 by Tope Fasua and a group of politically concerned Nigerians.
The party was officially registered and announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as a full-fledged political party on December 14, 2017.
The party promotes and practices crowdfunding by taking inspiration from some political parties in developed nations around the world. Also, the party opposes and doesn’t allow moneybags influence in its party operations. It relies solely on willful donations, annual subscriptions from registered members.
The ANRP believes itself to be a thinking party and doesn’t believe any of the extant ideology can be efficient enough to solve the myriad of problems militating against Nigeria. The party believes every society have rights to devise peculiar solutions to the peculiar problems they face. And the party’s ideology is “Constructive pragmatism.”
16. Democratic Peoples Party (DPP)
DPP was founded in 2006 by disgruntled members of All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP). The current National Chairman is Chief Benson Gershon.
17. Fresh Democratic Party (FDP)
FDP is an acronym for Fresh Democratic Party. FRESH, the first word of the party name and it stands for Faith, Responsibility, Equality, Security, and Hope.
This political party believes in unity and diversification of the nation. It also believes federalism to be the most effective form of co-existence in Nigeria. The national chairman of FDP is Reverend Chris Okotie.
18. Green Party of Nigeria (GPN)
Green Party of Nigeria is one of the INEC-registered parties. It was founded on the vision of improving the security of citizens, fighting corruption and curbing indiscipline.
19. Kowa Party (KP)
KOWA was registered in July 2009. This party is made of people who wish to contribute to making Nigeria a country where there is economic justice, political sanity, peace, stability, human development, and social progress.
Below is a full list of the political parties in Nigeria
- Advanced Congress of Democrats (ACD)
- Alliance for Democracy (AD)
- Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN)
- Action Democratic Party (ADP)
- All Democratic Peoples Movement (ADPM)
- All Progressives Congress (APC)
- African Democratic Congress (ADC)
- Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA)
- All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA)
- All People’s Party (APP)
- African Renaissance Party (ARP)
- Conscience People’s Congress (CPC)
- Communist Party of Nigeria (CPN)
- Citizens Popular Party (CPP)
- Nigeria Poor People Party (NPPP)
- Democratic Alternative (DA)
- Democratic Socialist Movement (DSM)
- Grassroot Patriotic Party (GPP)
- Justice Must Prevail Party (JMPP)
- Kowa Party (KP)
- Labour Party (LP)
- Masses Movement of Nigeria (MMN)
- National Conscience Party (NCP)
- National Interest Party (NIP)
- New Democrats (ND)
- New Generations Party of Nigeria (NGP)
- Nigeria For Democracy (NFD)
- National Democratic Party (NDP)
- People’s Democratic Party (PDP)
- Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA)
- People Progressive Party (PPP)
- People’s Redemption Party (PRP)
- People’s Salvation Party (PSP)
- Action Alliance (AA)
- Restoration Party of Nigeria (RP)
- Social Democratic Mega Party (SDMP)
- Socialist Party of Nigeria (SPN)
- Social Democratic Party (SDP)
- United Nigeria People’s Party (UNPP)
- United Progressive Party (UPP)
- Mega People Political Party
- Young Democratic Party (YDP)
- Young Progressive Party (YPP)
- Youth Party (YP)
- All Blended Party (ABP)
This page is called scam page, why would you say in your title “The Nigerian Political Parties and Their Slogans” but no slogan and your list of political parties is not even complete as at 2019.