Land registration system in Nigeria involves the establishment of the rights/ownership to land.
The procedure for land registrationin Nigeria:
- Submission of a sworn affidavit to the Commissioner for Oaths.
- Application for search is then submitted to Land registry accompanied by sworn affidavit.
- Execution of deed of assignment and consent application form (form 1C) at a lawyer’s office.
- Next is to obtain Certified True Copy (CTC) of title document and Certified True copy of Survey plan from land registry.
- Payment of charting, endorsement fee as well as Form 1C at a designated bank.
- Obtaining of title from Directorate of Lands Services via an application for Governor’s consent to the assignment. You will need the following documents:
- Covering letter with address and telephone numbers;
- Completed Form 1C;
- Certified True Copy (CTC) of title document of assignor;
- Current tax clearance certificates of the assignor and assignee;
- For limited liability companies, the internal revenue certificate of PAYE Directors;
- Four copies of the deed of which consent is sought should be attached;
- Copy of the survey plan, as approved by the Surveyor General Office and a picture of the building;
- Evidence of payment for charting fee, endorsement fee, Form 1C;
- Evidence of payment of land use charge;
- Where the property is covered by a state leasehold or Certificate of Occupancy, evidence of payment of Ground Rent, up to date;
- Where the property is covered by a state Leasehold or Certificate of Occupancy, evidence of payment of Ground Rent, up to date;
- A photograph of the property;
- A copy of the applicant and/or his agent/legal representative’s identification.
- Submission of chart survey plans along with deed of assignment to the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development.
- Directorate of Land Services then issues a demand order for payment of registration consent and neighborhood improvement fees.
- Obtaining demand order from Stamp Duty Office for payment of stamp duty.
- Payment of fees at designated bank and submission of receipt at Directorate of Lands Services.
- Finally, the stamping of deed of assignment at Stamp Duty Office and registering of the deed at the Land Registry.
All procedures occur simultaneously.Exchange your Bitcoins & Perfect Money for Naira. Get Paid Automatically in 10 seconds.