Is your career at stalled out? It’s easy to look outward and blame company politics, a bad jobs market or even your colleagues.
But, what if the problem is you?
From coming across as a braggart to presenting problems without solutions, nuances in our behaviours can make or break success. It’s a topic several LinkedIn Influencers weighed in on this week. Here’s what they had to say and If you are guilty of any make it your mission to change them
“Careers rarely follow a smooth, linear trajectory, If you’re experiencing a stalled or faltering career — and most of us do at some point or another — take a good look in the mirror.”
There are career-killing behaviours that many people do not recognise, but “can mean the difference between an upward ride and a downward spiral at work,”. Among them:
1. Over-committing and under-delivering
2. Resistance to change — failing to embrace new ideas
3. Winning over your boss but not your peer group
4. Complacency — you’ve stopped growing
5. Being a problem identifier versus a problem solver
If you recognise your own behaviours, make it your mission to change them
culled from BBC news