So you want to know how to advertise or place sponsored ads/content on Blackberry’s messenger called BBM, then read on…
It is no news that sponsored ads can be placed on the popular Blackberry Messenger (BBM) that has over 90 million users with reports stating that over 70 percent of BBM users are active users.
However most people do not know the process of placing ads on it yet. Late last year Blyk and Habari Media signed a global partnership with BlackBerry to expand the ad sales network and bring region-specific advertising sales expertise to BBM.
Types of Ads Placement On Blackberry’s BBM
According to the official blackberry blog advertisers can place ads via three different ways on BBM below:
1. Featured Placements
BBM Channel owners will have the ability to secure space on the Featured Channels tab to help promote their channel. As this is the landing page for BBM Channels, it is a great place for channel owners to promote their channel to millions of highly engaged and active customers.
2. Sponsored Invites
To help BBM Channel owners grow their channels, and help BBM Channels users find relevant, interesting channels, they are offering channel owners the ability to invite BBM users to join their channel.
3. Sponsored Posts
Within the Updates tab in BBM, they will allow BBM Channel owners to place sponsored posts alongside updates from your BBM Contacts and the BBM Channels you are already subscribed to. In the spirit of being open and transparent, these sponsored posts will be clearly labeled.
How To Place Sponsored Ads On Blackberry’s BBM
Blyk will represent BBM globally, with dedicated sales representatives in Chicago, Dubai, London, Singapore, and Toronto, while Habari Media will represent BBM with dedicated sales representatives in South Africa, Nigeria, and Ghana.
These two advertising giants have years of advertising experience and expertise between them and was one of the major reasons they were chosen to partner with BBM.
To place sponsored ads on blackberry messenger for regions outside Africa you would need to contact Blyk through their contact page on http://blyk.com/index.php/contact
To place Sponsored ads on blackberry messenger for users within South Africa, Nigeria, and Ghana contact Habari Media via their contact page on http://www.habarimedia.com/contact-us
Process And Payment For Sponsored Ads On BBM
An enquiry mail was sent to one of BBM’s advertising partner for the process of advertising on BBM and here’s the breakdown of what we got below.
- First you would let Blyk or Habari Media know your brands, targeting, time frame, objective, budget
- Blyk or Habari Media will in turn send you a proposal with all the details e.g. potential reach, rates, creative specifications.
- At the same time Blyk or Habari Media would send you a credit application for any of their vendors or representative in your country or location. Otherwise if you would like to go live quickly they can set you up so that you can make prepayment.
- Should you be happy with the proposal by Blyk or Habari Media, they would also send you an Insertion order (IO), which you would sign.
- However, on your side you would get all creative material ready for the creative deadline on the insertion order. Once ready you would send to Blyk or Habari Media.
- Their campaign managers will then book in the campaign and optimize accordingly. You will receive weekly campaign performance reports.
Cost To Advertise on BBM In Nigeria
Sponsored Invite and Sponsored Post (CPM = $7) This means that for each 1000 impression your sponsored posts or invites get, you will be charged $7.
Featured Channel ($1000 per day). This means that for everyday your channel is being featured on the BBM Channel landing page, you will be charged $1000.
Overall Budget. Even though you can set a budget for your campaign, your budget cannot be below $2000.
Expected Response Rate
According to Habari, campaigns are seeing the following CTR (Click Through Rates):
Sponsored Invites: 6- 20%
Sponsored Post: 1 – 2%
Featured Channel has seen 450,000 impressions during the first week of placement and a minimum spend of $2000 on BBM is a guaranteed maximum reach of 214 000 impressions.
We will love to have your comments on this.