Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) is one of the most proactive Nigerian banks when it comes to initiating mobile banking services that make it easier for customers to transact business from anywhere in the world.
GTBank has a mobile banking service that can be accessed in two different ways;
- GTB Mobile Banking App: The GTB mobile banking app is a web application that you can download on any of the following devices; Blackberry, Android, iPhone or Java enabled devices.
- GTB Mobile Money Toolkit: This is a toolkit introduced by GTBank in partnership with Etisalat Mobile Telecommunications Company. The mobile money toolkit already comes installed on the sim card and can be used by GTB customers who use Etisalat as their mobile network services provider.
How to Activate Mobile Money on Your Etisalat Mobile Money SIM Toolkit
- First, you have to put the SIM card in your phone and ensure that it is registered.
- Go to the menu area of your phone and check for the Etisalat SIM Menu and click on it.
- Select the mobile money icon and then select Gtbank.
- Go to ‘My Account’
- Click on the ‘Register’ button. You would be asked to provide answers to a series of questions such as your full names and your date of birth. Make sure you answer the questions as carefully and as accurately as you can, as these are the same questions which you would be asked to provide answers to, should you ever need to recover your pin.
- Click on the submit button after providing answers to all the questions.
- Within few minutes, you would receive a 6-digit number from GTB known as your ‘Activation Token’
- Go right ahead to use these numbers in activating mobile money on your phone.
- Simply open the GTMobile money app, click on the activation button and you would be asked to enter the activation token (6 digits) that was sent to your phone.
- Proceed to select a 4-digit PIN number (Make sure you choose a pin that would stick and that would be easy for you to recall. You should also select a PIN that other people cannot easily guess.
That’s it! You have successfully activated your GTB mobile money account, and would receive a welcome text from GTBank within the next few minutes.
How to Download and Activate GTB Mobile Money APP on Your Internet Enabled Phone
If you use a smartphone or device that is either Java, Blackberry, iPhone or Android enabled, you can have the GTB mobile money app downloaded on your device by following these steps:
- Download the App on your phone (this can be found at the app market on your device).
- Register by providing your personal details including your finances and date of birth.
- You would receive your 6-digit activation token in a text from GTB.
- Click on the activation code to activate your account.
How to Use the GTB Mobile Money Service
You can use it to send money and withdraw money from your account. To deposit money, there are a few ways you can do it.
- Link your GTB account to your mobile money wallet.
- Do a NIPS transfer through the Quickteller portal.
- Use any ‘fund wallet’ enabled POS terminal.
- Use your GTBank card on any ATM machine.