This page is a detailed guide on how to get the Nigerian Navy recuitment/ application form. If that’s what you’re looking for, read on.
Have you ever dreamt of joining the best navy on African soil, sail around the seas, see different lands, contribute to the security of your country and make yourself the subject of many women’s wet dreams? If you have, then I have good news for you brother: YOU CAN!
The Nigerian navy 2015/2016 application form is on sale and you may be lucky to be among the shortlisted candidates this year; you never know! However, before we discuss how you can lay your hands on the form, let’s see if you have what it takes to be in the NAVY.
What does it take to be in the Navy?
- People who wish to join the Nigerian Navy should posses any of the following educational qualification depending on the entry category you desire:
- West African School Certificate/Senior Secondary School Certificate.
- General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level.
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
If you posses a higher qualification like the HND, the BSc or any equivalent, then you should apply for the Direct Short Service as these qualifications will not be accepted for the general recruitment exercise.
- A candidate must be single, of Nigerian origin and must be between the age of 18years and 21years. If you are applying with an OND, an age limit of 24years is permitted.
- You must be physically and medically well and you must not have been convicted of any crime. Please note that there is a baseline height of 1.7m for men or 1.67m for women.
If you still feel qualified, good!
How to apply for the Nigerian Navy
If you are qualified to apply for the NAVY, then you should go ahead and apply. Please note the method of application detailed here as this will save you from falling prey of fraudster who pose as recruitment officers.
The best way to get the Nigerian Navy Application Form is online; through the Nigerian Navy Recruitment Portal. To apply,
- Buy a voucher from any branch of the Union Bank PLC or the Unity Bank. The voucher cost N1000 for candidates applying with their WASSCE and N2500 for candidates applying for Direct Short Service.( Bank charges may affect what you’ll pay).
- Log on to the Navy’s recruitment portal at joinnigeriannavy.com using the serial number of the card you purchased as username and the PIN as password.
- Complete the forms you will be presented with and submit after cross checking to ensure that the information you have provided is correct.
- After submitting your form online, you will be required to print out a copy of the summary. You will also receive a notification of the examination dates and recruitment centers.
- Report to the recruitment centers with copies of your Birth Certificate or Age Declaration, Parent Consent form, four passport photographs and a letter of introduction from your local government chairman. Also, carry along the originals of your certificates to the recruitment centers.
Wish you the best that luck and hard work has to offer, officer!
Do you feel we’ve left out anything? Let us know below.