Dubai is a city in the United Arab Emirate, a real beautiful country indeed abounding in opportunities for Nigerians. The city is undoubtedly a hyper-modern kind of city. Truth is it is one of the most visited cities in the world. If you are a Nigerian interested in traveling to Dubai, you have come to the right source of information.
There is not much stress associated with traveling to Dubai as a Nigerian. Dubai visa is not difficult to obtain from Nigeria. You can travel to the city on business, on tourism or on visit.
Before ever applying for Dubai visa, you need to obtain a Nigerian international passport. The passport must also be valid for minimum of 3 months from the date you will arrive at Dubai, provided your stay will not exceed 3 months.
If your stay will exceed 3 months on the other hand, your visa must be valid for minimum of 6 months from the date of entry. You can apply very easily for the Nigerian immigration passport at the nearest immigration office in your state or city.
Various types of Dubai visas
There are different types of Dubai visa you can apply for as a Nigerian. They are highlighted below:
- 96-hour visa: This visa is valid for 96 hours or 4 days. It cannot be extended afterwards. It is best for those in transit and will just be staying temporarily at Dubai. Passport must have minimum of 3 months expiry before you can qualify for this visa.
- Tourist visa: This is valid for 30 days maximum. It can be extended for another 30 days after paying a certain amount of money.
- Visit visa: This one is valid for 90 days maximum and it cannot be extended. If you are visiting Dubai for business purpose or you are coming to visit your family in Dubai, this is the best for you.
- Your Nigerian international passport
- Photocopies of your passport and ID Card.
- Properly filled visa application form. The form must be filled in block letters and it must bear your signature.
- Copy of your confirmed intinery, like your round trip ticket. You may be refused entry when you get to the airport if you do to have your return ticket with you.
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of your financial status; provide copy of your most recent bank statement.
- Letter provided by employer indicating that the company has granted you leave from work and also indicating that you will return to your work when you get back to Nigeria. A copy of your tax documents and business registration must be included in the event you are a self-employed person. This is especially for tourists.
- Letter of invitation from host for those traveling to Dubai on visit.
- Copy of hotel reservation.
How to apply
You can apply via a UAE resident, a travel agent or a tour company
How much to pay
The amount you pay for visa is determined by the type of visa.
The period it requires to process visa is determined by Dubai immigration approval and the type of visa. Generally, visa processing does not require more than 8 days.