Few years ago we used to shop in stores and selling anything was not very common. Now online shopping has become very popular as there are hundreds of E-commerce sites selling almost everything online. Online classified sites are also gaining popularity. You may be aware of OLX.com.ng which is one of the best online classified sites in Nigeria.
The idea behind OLX is simple, put up your products or services (yup, even babysitting services) on the OLX website and get contacted for purchase and jobs.
- Visit the Website: The first step to selling on OLX Nigeria is to actually browse to its URL: http://www.olx.com.ng
- Create an Account: Next you Create an account on OLX Nigeria by clicking on the Register link close to the Sign In link at the top right corner of the website. (in case you already have an account with OLX Nigeria, you can just click the Sign In link and provide your login details)
- Gather Your Items For Sale: Selling items on OLX is pretty easy just like surfing through Facebook looking for friends and relatives.
- Take Pictures of Your Item:Since most buyers won’t be able to actually see what you’re selling, taking good pictures of your item is key. If you take bad and blurry pictures, your chance of selling this item is very slim.
- Choose A Category: Items on OLX are usually arranged in Categories ranging from Mobile Phones & Tablets, Fashion, Electronics to Vehicles, Real Estate etc. in a bid to improve search efficiency. Therefore, to sell on OLX you need to choose the category to which your item belongs to.
- Upload A Picture(s) of Your Item: Next step after putting up your ad title is uploading the picture (preferably pictures so as for prospective buyers to better understand your item) that you took in step 4. The maximum file size per photo is 1MB.
- Put Up Your Ad Title and Description: The first thing you need to take note when choosing an ad title is to make it short, descriptive, and eye-catching (It is recommended that a great title has to have at least 60 characters.) The item description is where you potential buyers about the specification, flaws, and other important details about the item available for sale.
- Set Your Price:Make your price realistic and practical for the item you’re selling. If it’s too high, people would ignore it. If it’s too low, people may think it’s a scam.
- Provide Your Contact Information: Where can prospective buyers reach you if they have questions about your ad or if they would like to make a deal? Make sure you respond. Good customer communication is important.
- Post Your Ad: Once all the steps listed above has been taken. The next step is now posting the ad on OLX to be available for viewing by prospective buyers on OLX. Ads on OLX usually go through a review process by the OLX team to determine if all details provided about an item are enough for prospective buyers to trust.