What is The N-Power Programme?
The N-Power Programme was designed by the Federal Government of Nigeria to reduce the unemployment rate to the barest minimum in the youth age range. The main aim of the N-Power programme is to provide graduates and possibly non-graduates with the required skills, tools and livelihood to empower them from their unemployment status to being gainfully employed, while also gaining entrepreneurship and innovative skills.
The N-Power Programme is in phases and the first phase will target the critical areas in Nigeria such as education, agriculture, technology, creative, construction and artisanal industries.
N-Power is not just a programme to employ youths but it is also focused on preparing Nigeria for a global outsourcing push where young Nigerians can export their services acquired through N-Power to work on global projects that earn Nigeria, foreign exchange.
In summary, the N-Power is segmented as follows:
- N-Power Teachers Corps- 500,000 graduates
- N-Power Knowledge – 25,000 non-graduates
- N-Power Build- 75,000 non-graduates
What is Unique About The N-Power Programme?
- It is Supported by the Federal Government and both the private sector
- It is Approved for funding under the social investment programme
- Necessary Comprehensive support would be given to all participants
- It Offers a clear progressive pathway into gainful employment
N-Power Programme Application Process & Requirements
The N-Power Programme aspires to provide a platform where most Nigerians can easily access skills acquisition and development. At this time however, N-Power is designed for only Nigerian citizens between the ages of 18 and 35 which are regared as the Youths.
To apply, candidates must meet the minimum requirements for respective programme. Generally, selection is based on:
- Candidate expression of a genuine interest in whichever area interested
- Passing the relevant tests
- Candidate willingness to push self beyond comfort zone
- Ability to show a flair to develop all the skills needed to be the best you can be.
While there are fixed requirements along the way, N-Power will be relying on candidates to take ownership of the process and take the lead in shaping their route, by making the most of the training that will be received during the period.
N-Power Programme Graduate Definition
A Graduate in N-Power definition means anyone having a minimum of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or a Bachelors Degree from a higher institution.
How To Apply For The N-Power Programme
To apply for the N-Power Programme visit http://npower.gov.ng/